IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Caliphate Declared  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Caliphate Declared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

You are correct; these 'people' are not Muslims, but they are calling themselves Islamic State. That alone should be enough to enrage true Muslims into denouncing them. BTW. I have some Muslim friends on Facebook who were quick - and very vocal - in their denunciation of Israel for their attacks on Gaza - and they were right to denounce the Zionist zealots.   But they are strangely quiet when yet another hostage is cruelly butchered on camera by these psychopaths.

If they think that it is unislamic to speak up, perhaps they need educating - not only in Islam, but also in core human values.

Good points Colin,

Didn't muslims around the world go ballistic when they felt that their prophet had been insulted...
yet they seem strangely undisturbed about this IS
the silence makes it seem implicitly that they do not condemn IS, and do not see them as abusing the name of islam.
It seems that 'muslims' can get away with anything... just not non-muslims...
because muslims are always right in what they do... Disapprove
What better way to make people blind to true evil.

I am reminded of a quote...
'the only thing needed for evil to flourish...'
in this case... is for people to be blind to Truth... to not see the evil.

Imagine if no one ever saw the evil in slavery in the United States...
if no one ever stood up against it...
imagine if no one ever saw the evil in what Hitler was doing...
if no one ever stood up against it...

Edited by Caringheart - 05 October 2014 at 7:43pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 2:20am
Absolutely. Evil will flourish whenever people turn a blind eye to it.

The only thing I can compare it to is the mentally of cults such as the Scientologists. Anyone who disagrees or questions their actions are deemed to be non-believers and anti what the cult stands for. The best way to survive in any cult situation is to mindlessly accept everything you are told. Don't question anything and all will be good with the world...

Of course this is not true of all Muslims, but many seem happy to stay silent when they see on the news outrages such as cutting off an aid worker's head with a knife.

The next victim they have lined up for their barbaric desert 'video special' is Muslim convert/revert, Abdul-Rahman Kassig. He too was running a charity to help alleviate the suffering of the people of Syria.

How can people sit back and do nothing when evil psychopaths are denigrating their religion? Surely people from all religions know the basic difference between what is morally right and what is morally repulsive? If not, what's the point of religion?

And I repeat: Many Muslims have spoken out about these outrages, but a lot have stayed silent. How many more heads of innocent civilians must lie in the sand before this silence is broken?

Edited by Colin - 06 October 2014 at 6:25am
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 2:46pm

You are correct; these 'people' are not Muslims . . . .

People, especially Muslims, seem to delight in calling other people "un-Islamic". As if there were some definitive criteria as to how to determine if someone is a "true Muslim". But as you well know (and as emphasized repeatedly in the Quran), the appellation "un-Islamic" is often used to justify murder.

So, according to your definition of what constitutes a Muslim, would you consider the following to be Muslims:

(a) The 86% of the Muslim population of Egypt and the 82% of Jordanian Muslims who support the death penalty for leaving Islam? (according to the 2013 Pew Research study)

(b) The 76% of Palestinians who favor amputation of thieves' hands?

(c) The 89% of Pakistanis who support stoning for adulterers?

Personally, I don't see a big difference between the views of the above majorities and ISIS.

Edited by marcello - 06 October 2014 at 3:07pm
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 11:25pm
"So, according to your definition of what constitutes a Muslim, would you consider the following to be Muslims:"

I don't remember ever defining exactly what a Muslim is.

But it would appear that if this research is correct, the more backward (uneducated and insular) a country is, the more they favour 'Wahhabi style' Islam.

marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 6:03am

I don't remember ever defining exactly what a Muslim is.

True, you didn't. But you seemed fairly certain in your determination that the people running ISIS are not Muslims. My question is: are you equally certain that the majority of Egyptians, Jordanians, Pakistanis, etc., are also not Muslims because they support death for apostates and stoning of adulterers?

Edited by marcello - 07 October 2014 at 6:05am
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 7:31am
I'm fairly certain that sections of Muslims in various countries choose to follow a hard-line interpretation of the Quran. I have no way of knowing what percentage of these also believe that IS is a legitimate Muslim organization or who support the murdering of aid workers.

Perhaps you can hop over to these countries and run a poll...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic