IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Caliphate Declared  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Caliphate Declared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Caliphate Declared
    Posted: 30 June 2014 at 7:46am

Isis announces Islamic caliphate in area straddling Iraq and Syria

...Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, an Isis spokesman, defined the Islamic state's territory as running from northern Syria to the Iraqi province of Diyala north-east of Baghdad, a vast stretch of land straddling the border that is already largely under Isis control. He also said that with the establishment of the caliphate, the group was changing its name to the Islamic State, dropping the mention of Iraq and the Levant.

"The legality of all emirates, groups, states and organisations becomes null by the expansion of the caliph's authority and the arrival of its troops to their areas," he said in an audio statement posted online, AP reported. "Listen to your caliph and obey him. Support your state, which grows every day."

Adnani said the group's chief, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is the leader of the new caliphate and called on Muslims everywhere, not just those in areas under the organisation's control, to swear loyalty to him...

Edited by Reepicheep - 30 June 2014 at 7:48am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 11:33am
So my thoughts are....
Which muslims, and how many, are going to support this 'caliphate' by the group ISIS?

Is ISIS good or evil to them?

If these people come to power, are these going to be good people to have in power?

Edited by Caringheart - 30 June 2014 at 1:53pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 2:43pm
Pure theater....

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 2:53pm
Greetings abuayisha,

I'm not sure I know what you mean?

Do you not think these are important things to think about?
Or maybe... Do you think the answers are Obvious?  Because I don't think they are.

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 30 June 2014 at 2:54pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 6:46pm

An interesting map has popped up on the web, outlining the parts of the world ISIS (or, more accurately, IS, since they no longer limit themselves to Iraq and Syria) has vowed to control within five years. Alas, in Europe, not only will Turkey, Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, the various Yugoslavian states, Hungary, Romania, and Austria cease to exist, Spain and Portugal will also be falling to IS.

Oh, dear me. Shortly after that, the victorious IS armies will no doubt be marching through the streets of Ottawa and Washington, demanding that all smokers and females with Facebook accounts be turned over for execution. The end is near...
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 9:58pm
I have been thinking, and I have to ask...

Do you consider these ISIS leaders and followers to be 'believers'?

Are they offensive, or defensive fighters? 
(Did the Christians do anything in those countries to deserve the slaughter, the destruction of their churches, their communities, which they have been receiving?  Did the Christians in those countries start these wars?  I don't believe so.)

It seems a bit of a conundrum.

I have heard the actions of ISIS condemned by muslims, and yet...
it would seem to me that if you condemn their actions then you must also count them as an unbeliever...
and yet, all they have to do is speak the shahada to be considered a believer?

and yet, another person, who would never commit such actions, would be considered an unbeliever simply because they do not speak the shahada?

and if you don't condemn their actions, then that means you accept them as believers and true followers of Islam?

Yshwe said you would know those that belong to the Father by their fruits... in other words by their behavior.

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 30 June 2014 at 10:05pm
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 4:09am
A perfect world would be if the whole world on that map is turned black. The whole world ruled through the Law of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala the Sharia.

A perfect world is just a dream.

However, I do not support nor condone what IS are doing because what they are doing is oppression. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) told all believers to fight oppression wherever they find it.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2014 at 2:09pm
Abu Loren seems to be the only muslim who has expressed his opinion on ISIS.
I would like to know, what is the sunni muslim reaction to ISIS?
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic