IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkjaxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help
    Posted: 30 June 2014 at 3:17am
Hi. I have recently accepted Islam. Used to be a Christian. In all honesty, I never felt more alive when I prayed to Allah compared to any other activity I have done in my life.

But I have a problem, I had just confessed my acceptance to Islam to my parents (one day before posting this message).
When I confessed to my parents, my mother nearly gave up on living, and both my parents blame me for the very reason.

I was unfortunately not along with my parents when that happened and made my way home as soon as I could. After I returned, I tried to convince my parents with facts and my belief in Islam. But they barely tried to listen, let alone understand what I had to say.
They kept telling me that I am dead to them if I don't choose my family over Islam. I don't want to lose my family, but i never wanted to choose anything over Allah.
But I couldn't hold my ground and was made to give up my belief.
I still believe in Islam. But as much as I want to tell the world about it, I can't.
I need help. I want to know if what I did can be correcte. I want to know if there is a way to convince my parents. Because all my parents are worried is what the people around us will think. Their pride and name were stake. Today I tried to act like all things are back to normal, as my parents right now are fine as I chose the family. I know I chose poorly and will not be forgiven easily.
But I need help. Is there a way to be a Muslim without anyone knowing about it? Please reply me. Any answer is appreciated
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by djkjaxxx djkjaxxx wrote:

Hi. I have recently accepted Islam. Used to be a Christian. In all honesty, I never felt more alive when I prayed to Allah compared to any other activity I have done in my life.

But I have a problem, I had just confessed my acceptance to Islam to my parents (one day before posting this message).
When I confessed to my parents, my mother nearly gave up on living, and both my parents blame me for the very reason.

I was unfortunately not along with my parents when that happened and made my way home as soon as I could. After I returned, I tried to convince my parents with facts and my belief in Islam. But they barely tried to listen, let alone understand what I had to say.
They kept telling me that I am dead to them if I don't choose my family over Islam. I don't want to lose my family, but i never wanted to choose anything over Allah.
But I couldn't hold my ground and was made to give up my belief.
I still believe in Islam. But as much as I want to tell the world about it, I can't.
I need help. I want to know if what I did can be correcte. I want to know if there is a way to convince my parents. Because all my parents are worried is what the people around us will think. Their pride and name were stake. Today I tried to act like all things are back to normal, as my parents right now are fine as I chose the family. I know I chose poorly and will not be forgiven easily.
But I need help. Is there a way to be a Muslim without anyone knowing about it? Please reply me. Any answer is appreciated

As-salaam alaikum.  I am sorry that your parents reacted the way they did.  As a Muslim, it is still your duty to love and respect them, but you are not obligated to obey them if they tell you to disobey Allah (swt).  You can keep your faith secret.  However, you should try to gradually teach your parents about Islam and show them that their prejudices are unfounded.  InshaAllah, they may come to appreciate how it has made you into a better person. 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 3:47am
Your faith in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is more important for you than your parents. You should honour, love and obey them at all times, but if they ask you to give up Islam then consider them as dead.
imranali View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imranali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 12:57pm
Islam give you the message honesty humble and polite with your older and younger. You should attached with them and learn basic of Islam after sometime you will convince them and they will move to Islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic