IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Energy and power  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Energy and power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:22pm

We have grasped the concepts of energy and power,

Energy is the capacity for work or vigorous activity.

Power is the ability or capacity to perform or act effectively.

We depend for these two on fuels in our daily lives, both food for our bodies and fossile and other fuels for luxury, for our comfort and our ways of transportation. We also see fuels, petrolium and other depleting fuels as a necessity for our advancement as nations, and this notion of advancement being the increase in comfort is a cause of injustice. To my knowledge, mankind has not yet really looked into the heavens and wondered what power truely is, what really makes the planets and stars turn, gravity is as far as most people come in comprehension. Gravity, that which makes a humanbeing fall down and taken into the earth from which he came.

Gravity is a law, which can only be broken by another form of power. An aircraft can only elevate so far in the atmosphere before it encounters the limits of possible elevation. Mankind have been given the knowledge to make rockets, the use of combustion as to escape gravity. As far as my knowledge reaches, at present time mankind depends on the use of fire(combustion) to escape gravity. In a way it is a violent sight to see a rocket lift off from earth into the heavens.

How different will be the mind if it be given the knowledge to escape gravity with a power that does not conflict the law of gravity. How strange is the mind if it be given the knowledge to tap into the source which keeps the planets turning and the galaxies in their specific places. How beautiful is the mind that wishes to be far from the fire that it even shuns the use of fire in it's advancement.

For me gravity is not something i can counter, i know that gravity is what pulls my physical body to the earth, but myself am going back to The One who everyone and everything belongs to, and to whom everyone will return. The Originator, The One that can not be resisted. The Living. And i also know that those who cling heavily to the earth are asked by Allah why they do so when asked to go out in the way of Allah.

The way is clear and the way is up.

Edited by Community
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic