IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Energy and power  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Energy and power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Energy and power
    Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:22pm

We have grasped the concepts of energy and power,

Energy is the capacity for work or vigorous activity.

Power is the ability or capacity to perform or act effectively.

We depend for these two on fuels in our daily lives, both food for our bodies and fossile and other fuels for luxury, for our comfort and our ways of transportation. We also see fuels, petrolium and other depleting fuels as a necessity for our advancement as nations, and this notion of advancement being the increase in comfort is a cause of injustice. To my knowledge, mankind has not yet really looked into the heavens and wondered what power truely is, what really makes the planets and stars turn, gravity is as far as most people come in comprehension. Gravity, that which makes a humanbeing fall down and taken into the earth from which he came.

Gravity is a law, which can only be broken by another form of power. An aircraft can only elevate so far in the atmosphere before it encounters the limits of possible elevation. Mankind have been given the knowledge to make rockets, the use of combustion as to escape gravity. As far as my knowledge reaches, at present time mankind depends on the use of fire(combustion) to escape gravity. In a way it is a violent sight to see a rocket lift off from earth into the heavens.

How different will be the mind if it be given the knowledge to escape gravity with a power that does not conflict the law of gravity. How strange is the mind if it be given the knowledge to tap into the source which keeps the planets turning and the galaxies in their specific places. How beautiful is the mind that wishes to be far from the fire that it even shuns the use of fire in it's advancement.

For me gravity is not something i can counter, i know that gravity is what pulls my physical body to the earth, but myself am going back to The One who everyone and everything belongs to, and to whom everyone will return. The Originator, The One that can not be resisted. The Living. And i also know that those who cling heavily to the earth are asked by Allah why they do so when asked to go out in the way of Allah.

The way is clear and the way is up.

Edited by Community
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:49pm

Interesting post,

both energy and gravity are two myserious elements that do fuel the mind to ponder. Einstein once said in his writings that space, not so much as gravity is what defines the law. The body naturally wishes to occupy space between land and air. He designed this theory based on space where he said that if a person threw an object in space it would go downward because the object naturally tries to occupy the space or in the case gravity. In a more simplistic way of looking at this if you were to jump off a two story house and and land on your feet it is not gravity that pulled you to the ground but the natural law of your body wanting to occupy the space between the ground and air. Interesting!

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 1:43am

So Einstein believed that objects have "a will".... yes this is interesting.

Looking at how a stone falls to the ground, or at a body falling down i would say they are submitted to "the law of gravity", rather then say they wish to occupy the space between the ground and the air. Because if it was just about occupying the space between the air and the ground there would be no need for damage to occur when a body or object hits the ground. Also take into account objects floating in space in certain point where they are not pulled by the gravity of surrounding stars or planets. If we read the koran we read that Allah said to the heavens when it was "smoke" and to the earth come willingly(or submissive) or come unwillingly and that they both said we come in willing submissiveness.(Capter explained "in detail",fussilat 41:11) Even with this i can only conclude that objects which come out of the material of the heavens and the earth are submitted to Him and thus His laws such as gravity in this case.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 4:57pm
Well brother I wouldn't argue with Einstein because obviously
his theory is proven in regards to objects occupying space. In
response to your assertion that if objects wanted to occupy
space then "damage would not occur" is not an accurate
response. You assume that objects have a "willingness" to
occupy space. this is not the case what Einstein was talking
about. when we dicuss natural laws in this case , one of the
things that come to mind is that objcts objects naturally try to
occupy space. This had nothing to do with physical objects
such as rocks, being sentient beings choosing to fall t the
ground. What einstein mentioned was that objects naurally go
in a straight line until something such as an object gets in the
way.

In the same sense as gravity as which is explained here. the
only reason why you may feel the weight upon you let's say a
500lb boulder on your chest is because its on top of you, rather
than say its the gravitational force but its really the fact that the
weight "wishes to occupy the space beyond your body but your
body is what thats blocking it. giving the pain receptors of our
body we feel pressure, pain and the like feelings which are the
result of the 500lb weight. Coommunity don't argue with a dead
physicist! LOL
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:07pm

hehehe, yeah what was i thinking, i just misunderstood your words by your saying things like "your body wanting to occupy the space between the ground and air." or "the object naturally tries to occupy the space" But howabout the objects that are not subject to any gravitational influence and remain in 0 gravity? i mean if objects have a natural tendancy to be between the space between air and ground why is there such exceptions as this? And howabout the human being having the possibility to escape gravity? One thing is for sure, all theories come to an end in the reality of a black hole. A planet is gone but there is still a gravity which can become greater that even light can not escape it's gravity.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:17pm

Basically gravity is not even something that comes out of a planet or star, but it comes from even beyond those material things.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:49pm

Black holes are the evolutionary endpoints of stars at least 10 to 15 times as massive as the Sun. If a star that massive or larger undergoes a supernova explosion, it may leave behind a fairly massive burned out stellar remnant. With no outward forces to oppose gravitational forces, the remnant will collapse in on itself. The star eventually collapses to the point of zero volume and infinite density, creating what is known as a " singularity ".

singularity
In astronomy, a term often used to refer to the center of a black hole, where the curvature of spacetime is maximal. At the singularity, the gravitational tides diverge; no solid object can even theoretically survive hitting the singularity.

There goes the theory of objects wishing to occupy the space between air and ground and it not being gravity that pulls them. Einstein did not know about blackholes back then i think.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:54pm

"The star eventually collapses to the point of zero volume and infinite density, creating what is known as a " singularity ". "

Now i think this proves the point of some people thinking in material terms like "infinite density".

event horizon
The distance from a black hole within which nothing can escape. In addition, nothing can prevent a particle from hitting the singularity in a very short amount of proper time once it has entered the horizon. In this sense, the event horizon is a "point of no return". See Schwarzschild radius.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l2/black_hole s.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic