IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One or ’Two’ Qur’an?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One or ’Two’ Qur’an?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 1:24pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Did you see how i break the tune of the thread,made it slow,broke it's concentration...no anger to me;some issues are so high to be discussed,especially about the sects claiming each other as the wrong persons without any sign...i should broke the concentration of the thread...i was knowing that it will cause sins and i succeeded...

What about the other two thread,what can i do...may be a buggs bunny film inside of it will break the tune in the name of polarization...i should try... 

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Did you see how i break the tune of the thread,made it slow,broke it's concentration...no anger to me;some issues are so high to be discussed,especially about the sects claiming each other as the wrong persons without any sign...i should broke the concentration of the thread...i was knowing that it will cause sins and i succeeded...

What about the other two thread,what can i do...may be a buggs bunny film inside of it will break the tune in the name of polarization...i should try... 

Wa Salaam

Very smart move - Hove to kill a mocking bird, eh!

However, if there are going to be an Intersect Dialogue - someone got to swallow the bitter pills - Fatwas, that's

What would you suggest - Should I open another can of worms or a the Bible say: Let the dead bury themselves!

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Aliya Aliya wrote:

shias do not follow a different Qur'an than sunnis (if you need verification please visit http://www.al-islam.org/quran/ which is a shia site and has Qur'an online including in Arabic)

Also shias do not claim other than Qur'an to be 100% sahih. Thus, while there are undoubtedly some weak hadith in the collection of Al-Kafi, shias do not claim them to be sahih, and only follow those that are in line with Qur'an

I know very little of shia what they theorectically believe. However I do observe what they (some of them) practice as I have very close family friend who is a shia. What is extra ordinary in his belief is the way he rever about Karbala. So much so that he has a peice of stone or clay from that place that he always keep it on the place of sajjud during the prayer. On my enquiry, he narrated many zellions of sayings of some of his ulema to make this practice appear not only legitimate but dearer to God. Some of these sayings include that there are hundreds of thousands of angels that are daily making tawaf of the grave of haz Hussain in Karbala. Can you throw some light on such beleifs and practices among shias and what is their source of evidence for such practices. 

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:47am

Since your post is addressed to Aliya - I would leave it to her to respond in detail - However, I could not control my laugh on this 'one of my friend' story. It has become such an old propaganda ploy that it has lost its value. What I am trying to say is - that if I say that one of my Wahhabi friend in Lahore used to sit outside Data Ganj Buksh's tomb and used to spit on every devotee who entered the site to pay his or her homage - which is estimated to be an average of 3,000 per day - would you blieve it - considering many of these devotees 'bow low' in front of the grave of that Saint.

As for Holy Qur'an is concerned - I have a very simple solution for you. Next time when you go for Jajj (or your friend for that matter) - keep an eye on Iranian pilgrims and you maybe shocked to see that all of them are reading the same 'Saudi publish' copies of Holy Qur'an, as the Salafis and Wahabis would be reading.

Is not amazing - One Allah, one Prophet, One Qur'an - but so many sectarians!

Know your enemy!

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Since your post is addressed to Aliya - I would leave it to her to respond in detail - However, I could not control my laugh on this 'one of my friend' story. It has become such an old propaganda ploy that it has lost its value. What I am trying to say is - that if I say that one of my Wahhabi friend in Lahore used to sit outside Data Ganj Buksh's tomb and used to spit on every devotee who entered the site to pay his or her homage - which is estimated to be an average of 3,000 per day - would you blieve it - considering many of these devotees 'bow low' in front of the grave of that Saint.

As for Holy Qur'an is concerned - I have a very simple solution for you. Next time when you go for Jajj (or your friend for that matter) - keep an eye on Iranian pilgrims and you maybe shocked to see that all of them are reading the same 'Saudi publish' copies of Holy Qur'an, as the Salafis and Wahabis would be reading.

Is not amazing - One Allah, one Prophet, One Qur'an - but so many sectarians!

Yes, I would believe you, simply because of my own experiences and observations in a common day to day life. This is especially true with regard to ignorance of the people (despite the fact that they may be literate in education) about their relegion. Also to take this discussion to a further step, I would not only blame them for their apathy towards their faith but also the clergy through which they gain whatever knowledge they posses. I can guess, despite all my logical arguments with my shia friend (he is a PhD in a scientific field) to realise the truth, he would continue with this practice, simply because either he is not interested in reading about his faith by himself or he is simply ignoring my logics as common sterotypes against his faith. Once I confronted him to atleast read for himself, he exclaimed with content that he has no time to do the research for himself. He seems to follow whatever he has seen his elder family members been doing. My personal observation is that this kind of attitude is not unique with any specific faith but is a common dilema in any religion or faith. Probably this is the begining of extremism on either side (either they become atheist or become fanatics).

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:00pm

PhD has nothing to do with maturity or morality. You would be surprised to know that among the 12 million Jews - there'are more PhDs than among the 1.5 billion Muslims - but that doesn't corrupted Jewish religion as 'a divine message'.

The biggest curse among the Muslim Ummah is (as the Prophet (pbuh) warned us) - 'Munafiqoon' - Which are the present-day Sectarians, who would rather ally with Kufr than supporting a Muslim group, which doesn't follow their 'Madhab'. Take the example of Iraq-Iran war of 1980s - all Arab countries sided with Saddam Hussain (who has been crucified by his own western masters) - just because he was an Arab and Iranian were mostly Shias. Most of these idiots did not realize that Saddam Hussain was not even a Muslim at that time. He converted to Islam in the 1990s.

Know your enemy!

new_muslimah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new_muslimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 1:34pm

Brother Rehmat, May Allah bless you.

We all must acknowledge the need to be united on common points.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic