IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Peaceful images from Iraq - Oct. 2005  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peaceful images from Iraq - Oct. 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:56am

Nene Hatun commemorated with respect

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
print this page

Female fighter fought the Russians in 1877-78

ANKARA - Turkish Daily News

Nene Hatun is known in Turkish history for her courage and patriotism protecting the Aziziye Fort during the Ottoman-Russian War of 1877-1878, known as the �'93 War� in Ottoman history because it occurred in the year 1293 of the Julian calendar. The 50th anniversary of her death was commemorated in Erzurum.

Greater Erzurum Municipality Mayor Ahmet K���kler delivered a message and said the bravery and contributions of Turkish women in national defense couldn't be overstated. �Our respectful mothers and grandmothers contributed behind the front lines and also fought on the front with national forces.�

Who was Nene Hatun?:

Born in Erzurum, Nene Hatun fought for the protection of the Aziziye Fort in the Ottoman-Russian War of 1877-1878. She was a symbol of bravery and was called the �Mother of the 3rd Army� in Erzurum in the latter part of her life. She was selected �Mother of the Year� in 1955 and died of pneumonia in May 22 of that year at 98. Nene Hatun was buried in Aziziye Fort Cemetery with military honors.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:56pm
Brother Suleyman now you remind me of Erzerum, Tahir Gezedi and Trabazon! Masha Allah, what places and what people. Also not to mention of all the others.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:09pm

My dear bro Suleyman no offense intended, I only highlighted a small logical observation and nothing else. May Allah keep you in His peace. Amin.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 9:05am

O my dear brother, let us face the facts. Personally speaking, I can't compare the ethics and most of the moral values of overall american public within their own society with people of any other nation 

That is exactly my own personal experience.

I have yet to meet a more genuine, generous and a nobler soul than the everyday American. Just if the Americans could spread their spirit at a man-to-man level, our world would have been a much better place. And, without the expense they suffer for such a huge force!

But it seems they innocently sit before their televisions and vote the worst crooks into their government.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 9:38am

I rather enjoyed reading your comments and observations, AhmadJoyia, and think perhaps early 21st Century America needs a Muslim observer ala Alexis de Toqueville.  Consider taking the job.  At times, while reading your above post, I was reminded of Goethe's comment:

"I have often felt a bitter sorrow at the thought of the German people, which is so estimable in the individual and so wretched in the generality ..."

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 10:41am

My dear brother Ahmed,i am coming from an nation choosing to die instead of being occupied;our backgrounds should be same as i know that u are a Paki brother if  i am not wrong please correct if i am....

yep your wrong...speaking of occupation I see you've named yourself after the Muslim ruler who sacked Constantinople and renamed it Istanbul.the land known as turkey was Christian until the Muslims invaded.so if you want to get technical you are an invader too.

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 10:45am

...you know nothing about Istanbul...at the times you have mentioned the Christians were praising to Lord for sending The  Ottomans to there...please search more...it was not an occupation...

Edited by Suleyman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic