IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keeping history alive: a source of rift  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keeping history alive: a source of rift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping history alive: a source of rift
    Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:46pm
I see people who indulge themselves in history of what might have happened during the prophet's life time and after, the history stated in the koran is not enough for them, more over these historic events that supposedly happened if we trust the sources prove a source of division and hostility. Surely any reasonable person agrees this is not what the faith of islam is about.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:41pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Our scholars went to the effort of verifying every event in islam and checking for its authenticity, a person should stay silent if he has no knowledge of islams history and should only speak after he knows what it is he is condeming not out of some blind genralisation.

Our history is not a source of devision ignorant people are a source of devision those who speak without knowledge or authority are our Ummah's downfall.

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) relates the following narration of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam): �That time will also come upon my Ummat, when though there will be an abundance of Qurrah, there will be a shortage of Fuqaha (Jurists). There will be a scarcity of (Islamic) knowledge and an increase in evil and anarchy. Then there will also come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur'aan, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts, i.e. they will not be affected by it). Then that time will also come when a Mushrik and Mu�min will debate on the Tauheed (Oneness) of Allah.

The time of right Guidance was with the people who came beffore Us holding on to what they established is the truth while those who wish to throw it away are the misguided as rasull allah states at the begining of islam there will be an abudance of knowledg and the jurist will be plentiful while in our time there will be few people to teach it.

"have happened during the prophet's life time and after"

You are one of those who say Quran only, i dont know why i didnt recognise your arguments for what they where beffore.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:57pm

The sunni-shia rift would not exist if there was no recorded versions of history on both sides and the only source of faith based history would be the koran.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:58pm
The koran is called al furqaan "the critereon" or that which devides, not secondary sources like the recorded history.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:02pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

this is not correct shia have alway existed they are not something that was revived from history books.

Community i have to ask you ( i am not asking as an insult but to know) are you a muslim?
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:19pm

You do not even recognize i came to you with the truth, that the rift is being kept alive through grabbing back in historical events, and both sides have different versions.

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) relates the following narration of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam): �That time will also come upon my Ummat, when though there will be an abundance of Qurrah, there will be a shortage of Fuqaha (Jurists). The fuqaha have been killed and are killed once they start speaking the truth because people dislike the truth when it is against them. There will be a scarcity of (Islamic) knowledge and an increase in evil and anarchy. Then there will also come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur'aan, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts, i.e. they will not be affected by it). Yes, this is a reality when you see people running to scholars to interpret it for them because they can not even understand His words anymore, the clear arabic language is not clear anymore?. Then that time will also come when a Mushrik and Mu�min will debate on the Tauheed (Oneness) of Allah. So what are these lengthy preachings about Tawheed?

Innee ad'oo ilaa arrahmaana wa innanee minal muslimeen.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:39pm

The Koran is al furqaan "that which divides" And Muhammed salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam is called al ummiy in the koran (the word ummah means nation or community, so ummiy clearly has the link to the word ummah although they translate it as "illiterate") And the prophet is also called rahmatan li al 'alameen by Allah in the koran in english it would be a mercy to mankind. Let me explain further,

1 Koran is that which devides.(al furqaan) So judgement should be derived from it in respect of right and wrong.

2. The prophet is the one nationer (al ummiy)

3. The prophet is but sent as a mercy to mankind as is said in the koran (wa maa arsalnaaka illa rahmatan li al'alameen).

How is it possible for the words of the prophet who received the koran and implemented it as no other to be a source of division?

How is it possible to be right in upholding history and words of scholars when they cause division between muslimeen while the koran unites them?

"and you have no affair with those who break their faith up into sects and groups" Allah says in the koran. 

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 4:01am
Careful Community, your slip is showing....
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic