IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keeping history alive: a source of rift  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keeping history alive: a source of rift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping history alive: a source of rift
    Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:08pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

from the prophets last sermon.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people.

The prophet is clearly saying we are going to relate what he has said and done, it also shows his aproval by making a dua for the last of this ummah to understand his words better than the first and this will be in the time of the mahdi and Isa (hs).

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 9:56pm

1 Koran is that which devides.(al furqaan) So judgement should be derived from it in respect of right and wrong.

The quran it self says to follow the Sunnah of rasul allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam)

2. The prophet is the one nationer (al ummiy)

All of creation is his ummah not one nationer.

3. The prophet is but sent as a mercy to mankind as is said in the koran (wa maa arsalnaaka illa rahmatan li al'alameen).

How is it possible for the words of the prophet who received the koran and implemented it as no other to be a source of division?

His words are not the source of devision aouthubillah, people are the source of devision. His words are the source of guidance, you are confusing the trouble people cause with the Sunnah of our prophet.

How is it possible to be right in upholding history and words of scholars when they cause division between muslimeen while the koran unites them?

We are not upholding history we are upholding the Deen of Islam as understood by the prophet the sahabah and those whom Allah has placed knowledge with.

And before thee also the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: if ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message.

Before thee, also, the messengers We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: If ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message.

Allah has blessed certain people with knowledge and others not i should not need to explain this to a person of intalect, you should understand that there are people who have more klnowledge than myself or your self whom allah has guided to the truth and who have guided this Ummah also.

[16:27] Then, on the Day of Resurrection, He will disgrace them and ask, "Where are My partners that you had set up beside Me, and had opposed Me for their sake?" Those blessed with knowledge will say, "Today, the shame and misery have befallen the disbelievers."

027.040 Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"

The main body of this Ummah has always been one ie Sunni as i said the Shia split from the majority the name sunni only came about after the shia split it was to defrentiate between the two.

"and you have no affair with those who break their faith up into sects and groups" Allah says in the koran. 

You do not know what constitutes a sect in Islam, if we were to take this with the western meaning as you are using it, then every ethinic group constitutes a group and every nation constitues a sect and we are all doomed to hell.

Sunni's are not a sect of Islam we are the main body of muslims and have always been. Do you know how many of the companions and prophets wives the shia do not accept this is a sect. Some scholars have said that if you go through there books and discard all the sahabah they say are misguided you will end up with about 14 sahabah who according to them are on the truth and not accept any of the wives of the prophet whom Allah himself calls them the mothers of the believers in the Quran.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 9:16pm

You do not even recognize i came to you with the truth, that the rift is being kept alive through grabbing back in historical events, and both sides have different versions.

This is truth according to your understanding not absolute truth. The rift is not being kept alive by Sunni muslims, Shia were the ones to break away from the main body of the ummah hence the name shia and sunni. You proposition is itself rediculous and you will find no community on earth would disregard its history this is not realistic.

The fuqaha have been killed and are killed once they start speaking the truth because people dislike the truth when it is against them.

Everything from our past has been preserved people themself create the rifts becouse they do not behave like muslims. In reality what you are asking is to disregard the prophets sunnah and how it was practiced by his companions and taught to those who came later.

Yes, this is a reality when you see people running to scholars to interpret it for them because they can not even understand His words anymore, the clear arabic language is not clear anymore?.

Most people do not understand becouse they dont want to know islam on any deep level but there will always be a group who does and on the truth until the day of judgment this allah has promised his prophet, i can quote for you the hadith if you like.

So what are these lengthy preachings about Tawheed?

this is not relavent just part of the hadith.

Edited by rami
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 4:01am
Careful Community, your slip is showing....
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:39pm

The Koran is al furqaan "that which divides" And Muhammed salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam is called al ummiy in the koran (the word ummah means nation or community, so ummiy clearly has the link to the word ummah although they translate it as "illiterate") And the prophet is also called rahmatan li al 'alameen by Allah in the koran in english it would be a mercy to mankind. Let me explain further,

1 Koran is that which devides.(al furqaan) So judgement should be derived from it in respect of right and wrong.

2. The prophet is the one nationer (al ummiy)

3. The prophet is but sent as a mercy to mankind as is said in the koran (wa maa arsalnaaka illa rahmatan li al'alameen).

How is it possible for the words of the prophet who received the koran and implemented it as no other to be a source of division?

How is it possible to be right in upholding history and words of scholars when they cause division between muslimeen while the koran unites them?

"and you have no affair with those who break their faith up into sects and groups" Allah says in the koran. 

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:19pm

You do not even recognize i came to you with the truth, that the rift is being kept alive through grabbing back in historical events, and both sides have different versions.

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (R.A.) relates the following narration of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam): �That time will also come upon my Ummat, when though there will be an abundance of Qurrah, there will be a shortage of Fuqaha (Jurists). The fuqaha have been killed and are killed once they start speaking the truth because people dislike the truth when it is against them. There will be a scarcity of (Islamic) knowledge and an increase in evil and anarchy. Then there will also come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur'aan, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts, i.e. they will not be affected by it). Yes, this is a reality when you see people running to scholars to interpret it for them because they can not even understand His words anymore, the clear arabic language is not clear anymore?. Then that time will also come when a Mushrik and Mu�min will debate on the Tauheed (Oneness) of Allah. So what are these lengthy preachings about Tawheed?

Innee ad'oo ilaa arrahmaana wa innanee minal muslimeen.

Edited by Community
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:02pm

this is not correct shia have alway existed they are not something that was revived from history books.

Community i have to ask you ( i am not asking as an insult but to know) are you a muslim?
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:58pm
The koran is called al furqaan "the critereon" or that which devides, not secondary sources like the recorded history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic