IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arguments with Atheists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arguments with Atheists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Tobias Tobias wrote:

That to me is a clue to follow,,,     500 years ago we used to believe that the earth was flat and covered with a glass dome under the great sea.
So.. Why is the sky blue?
How come with a zoom lens I can still see a ship 80 miles away without dipping into the earths curvature?

You can't uness you are up in the sky in a plane. Try it and see that you are wrong before spouting shuch wrong drivel.

Quote There are hundreds of these anomalies in life that we fail to observe believing the answers given to us by others are accurate without even bothering to take the time to veryfy for ourselves ,

Verrify it and come back.

Quote Perhaps we are too busy dealing with a duality.? Working? Or other distractions to take us away from these points??
Obviously,,   you have to make your own investigations to really be sure but it only takes observation if you ask yourself the right questions.
Yes,    I conclude for myself that we do have a creator but not a god,, And it certainly does not have a name as its all an integral part of everything you perceive, Including yourself,,
Quantum might be an appropriate word to use when trying to explain where we are and what we are doing...

No, all quantum means is the smallest possible measurement. You do not understand this idea. Stop spouting off on things you have no idea about.

Quote A subject not entirely understood by the !level of human consciousness but we are getting there .

We are I believe a construct by a higher consciousness and something one might call god is a construct of the human mind,,

Spouting drivel will get you nowhere.

Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 12:49am
Instead of giving me an opinion,, please try to say something tangeable..
Quantum physics , among many other things has given us the ability to know that photons can be in different places at the same time,,   And that they behave in a different way whilst under observation.... To me, this goes a long way towards the understanding that we are all living in an energy field of perceptions,    
Not just a physical world,,   
I would suggest that you actually research quantum physics and take a look at the double slot experiment to give you a start on the path of true learning.
I would urge you to be objective and not go on blind faith of the word of another,
Yes,,,   I can see a ship 80 miles away with my nikkon zoom lens,,,     its very true,,   I suggest you get a good zoom lens and go to the beach instead of being opinionated behind a computer screen.

So anyway,,,   I have put a link on here that takes you to a two hour documentary that will pose some questions as to the integrity of the heliocentric model earth..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fbQQBzXAQ1Q

Or if you can't be bothered to expand your possibilities you can see this one instead..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=5949s&v=WraFrT0XhgE

Once again,,   please don't return to me with just opinions about me or the earth ,   Try to be more tangent and less of a schoolboy there's a good chap.
Have a lovely day..   😉
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Tobias Tobias wrote:

Instead of giving me an opinion,, please try to say something tangeable..
Quantum physics , among many other things has given us the ability to know that photons can be in different places at the same time,,   And that they behave in a different way whilst under observation.... To me, this goes a long way towards the understanding that we are all living in an energy field of perceptions,    
Not just a physical world,,   
I would suggest that you actually research quantum physics and take a look at the double slot experiment to give you a start on the path of true learning.

I understand far more physics than you do. I understand, for example, where the double slot effect is used industrially. Do you?

Quote I would urge you to be objective and not go on blind faith of the word of another,
Yes,,,   I can see a ship 80 miles away with my nikkon zoom lens,,,     its very true,,   I suggest you get a good zoom lens and go to the beach instead of being opinionated behind a computer screen.

You have not actually done this. If you did you would find that you cannot see a ship 80 miles away from the beach. If you have used your zoom lens from the beach how did you know that the ship was so far away?

Quote So anyway,,,   I have put a link on here that takes you to a two hour documentary that will pose some questions as to the integrity of the heliocentric model earth..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fbQQBzXAQ1Q

Or if you can't be bothered to expand your possibilities you can see this one instead..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=5949s&v=WraFrT0XhgE

Once again,,   please don't return to me with just opinions about me or the earth ,   Try to be more tangent and less of a schoolboy there's a good chap.
Have a lovely day..   😉

Life is too short to watch any 2 hour video of drivel. If you cannot explain it then I will not watch it.

I have explained my points to you in plain terms. You have responded by wandering all over the place and hoping I will go away. Unlucky.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 06 December 2017 at 2:20am
Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 5:06am
Firstly,,   I would suggest you get a good zoom lens or telescope and scan the horizon of the sea..   Yes I have done this and it is annoying to me that someone is saying it is not so...   I determined the distance within a margin of error by the degree of zoom used on the equipment...
Yes,   wave and particle interference can be used to measure prisms and testing optical surfaces that can be found in lenses for example,,,   Truly a wonderful way to measure with amazing accuracy using the wave of interference.
I'm a little disappointed that you chose not to waste two hours out of your life for the informed information I sent to you,,,   I can only assume that your mind has been made up from your lifelong indoctrination concerning the round ball so much that you will not entertain possible alternatives..   This is not usually the way of a true physician or scientist.   Or for anyone trying to find the truth for that matter. Ego usually gets in the way and makes people blind to anything other than what they have been told by their superiors and teachers throughout life..    I truly feel for you and hope that your curiosity takes you to this seemingly crazy research..
I was the same when first I considered the earth is not a ball, But I had the patience to check.relate.and identify in my mind , Quite a few anomalies and led on from there,,   

By the way,,    I have seen neither point or plain terms coming from you so I don't understand why you wrote that.

Actually, The word "Drivel" is a plain term isn't it?
I stand corrected...    How about trying your hand at a solid point...!
I'll tell you what I can do,,,,
You or anyone else can ask me any question about the ball earth and why it is so.. Then I will explain why it is not in no uncertain terms with a point,
Oh.. Another by the way,,,   Why do you consider me to be unlucky because you have not gone away???
I'm still waiting for you to give me a good and reasonable debate without the use of words like drivel.
I'm am beginning to think that your just a kid sitting in his underpants in his bedroom playing on the computer.
Try prove me wrong...
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 12:57am
@Tobias
Quote I was the same when first I considered the earth is not a ball

Have you ever seen a solar/lunar eclipse ?
Why is the shadow it forms round ?

Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 2:52am
Go to the white cliffs of Dover. Stand on them with your zoom lense. Take a photo of France.

Walk to the bottom of the cliffs. Stand on the beach. Take a photo in the same direction. You will not see france. The sea is in the way.

To test if the earth is spinning;

Get a heavy ball bearing suspended on a thin thread in a windless tall space. Lower it to a sand tray on the floor so you can mark the position directly below the hook it is suspended from.

Raise the ball to the heighest point that it can be whislt still suspended from the hook and not pushed sideways at all. You will have to calm the ball down as raising it will cause it to swing sideways.

Cut the string with a candle flame or lighter. So as to not imaprt and sideways motion.

The ball will fall down and hit the sand tray at a point east of the point directly below it's start position.

This is because the ceiling is moving eastwards quicker than the floor is.

Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 10:37pm
Actually..   Looking back on our conversation is making me see that I'm talking to a mindless zombie that can only use the word "Drivel" as some kind of of response to a rational argument...     Its obvious to me that your either a little kid sitting in his underpants in his bedroom passing time away, or you are a government shill..     You have exercised no common sense or real reasoning,,   just your favorite little word,,,, "Drivel"...
Its also becoming obvious that this site does not have the collective IQ of an aardvark that I have seen so far..
Tobias View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 10:45pm
The Foucault theory was disproved years ago...
Swinging balls is not an answer..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SkcMK94yw

As for dover cliffs,,,    try it for yourself on a clear day...    France will be there in your lens,   you may lose some land mass through visual distortion given the average weather in that area but you will still see land.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic