IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - cube (ka’aba) the house  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cube (ka�aba) the house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cube (ka�aba) the house
    Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:49am

Firewall well that is in regards to gemoetrical shapes then yes you can say a cub or some other object with even sides are perfect. A cube is 3 dimensional (or four?)so yes I would say its perfect. But as for the number 6 it by itself is not perfect as no number on the numeric table is.

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:10am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

i shakily remember my lecturer, she's has a PhD in Math or something like that, tells me the cube is mathematically a perfect shape. thus one reason why the Ka'abah is perfect. i don't know about cubes & maths, so i just have to take her word. still i do love that muslims tawaf around the Kaabah. it's like the other natural order in this universe -- i.e. the orbits. isn't it amazing...

wallahu a'lam.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:15pm

Community now you've contradicted yourself. Which number is perfect 1 or 6? In my last post I declared that there is no perfect number so long as numbers are in the language of humans. Math of course ins universal and infinite in the sense of our language and understanding of reality but there is no numeric system which is perfect in the sense that can be allocated to divine providence. I used 99 as the closes as I mentioned before as we see in the numeric table that from 1 which is the beginning of the sequence to 9 which is the ending of the sequence are perfect.

Community you must examine the argument.

1 being the beginning of a sequence of numbers sets the sequence in which all numbers afterwards follows. 9 being the ending sequence ends the chain. Also in addition to my argument that numbers aren't perfect I would also like to mention that since numbers are infnite there is no definite conclusion to any perfect number. Because there is always a number that is bigger we therefore can conclude that there are a series of infinite solutions hence no numbers conceivable are perfect. I've heard Muslims use 7 as 7 resembles the levels of the heavens but even then that argument is flawed. In truth no one is perfect except God almighty.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 8:13pm
?
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:59pm

perfect is 1.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 4:36pm
There is no perfect  number so long as the numeric table resides in the human language! I believe that if there were a number(s) to be perfect I'd say 99. first off simple math tells us that 1 is the beginning of the numeric table excluding zero since zero is not a number. 9 being perfect because it ends the numeric table or serves as a transition from single to double digits hence 99.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:11pm
I must say it is called a perfect number, what would you call this number yourself by looking at it's "conincidential" characteristics.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:42pm
well, it is considered a perfect number because 1+2+3=6 and also 1 times 2 times 3 is also 6. It is the lowest perfect number.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic