IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - love between a male n female  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

love between a male n female

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonia_islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: love between a male n female
    Posted: 12 November 2005 at 4:19am
is loving the other sex is haram
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 11:52am

I have been intersted in that too

If you talk to another muslim guy (in interst of marrying him) and find yourself drawn to him, is that haraam?

Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:03pm
ur not supposed to talk to guys even if muslim.  If u want to marry a guy get ur parents to talk to him first. 
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:19pm

ur not supposed to look at a person from opposite sex if u dont have any blood relation.

Quoting,

YUSUFALI: Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
YUSUFALI: And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 11:30am
 Wow I think thats kind of hard. I mean theres school, how you not look at another person of the opposite sex? any ideas?
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 7:34pm
i would like to know the same thing too.  In where i live not looking at someone is concidered rude.  My classmates and teachers get annoyed at me not looking at them.  But sometimes we have class discussions and u have to look at people. 

Edited by Amina16
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 8:30pm

Actually, I am myself confused.

Maybe, not to look at a person from opposite sex is to insure that u dont get wrong ideas, or get influenced(like faling in love, etc.).But if it is necessary-like in school-then u will have to be on your guard, and ask for the forgiveness of Almighty.

(It will need backing up-its only my opinion).

Regards,Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by aishag88 aishag88 wrote:

�Wow I think thats kind of hard. I mean theres school, how you not look at another person of the opposite sex? any ideas?

We need some scholar to interpert those ayats, they can explain when they apply and under what circumstances. We cannot understand quran by simply reading the translation, its too dense
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic