IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pagan culture of Christian Doctrine  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pagan culture of Christian Doctrine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pagan culture of Christian Doctrine
    Posted: 29 March 2005 at 4:17am

Christians take king Constantine as one of the �founding father� of their religion. He got that title from Church propaganda by its own historian, Bishop Eusebius (born 260 CE). At the time of Constantine, the religion of Romans was the pagan cult of Sol-Invictus. Actually, it was he who succeeded in converting Christianity than the other way around.

King Constantine was patron of the Bishop, who represented his master at the Council of Necaea (325 CE). It was Eusebius who tells us that Constantine had a �holy vision�, which caused him to underwrite the Necaea Creed, which establishes God as Father, Jesus actually going to hell and the complex notion of Trinity. The Church, of course, accepted it to please the king.

The doctrine of modern Christianity therefore, was not based on the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus (Gospel of St. Barnabas) or the Old Testament but on the vision of Constantine.

Gibbon, in �Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire� points out that in the first 300 years, there was no central church � Various sects, all but one later to be formed heretical, were busily putting each other down.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 8:39am

what about the crecent on top of mosques?

pretty pagan to me

tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 8:57am
Originally posted by tawhid tawhid wrote:

pretty pagan to me

tawhid

Did you see any picture of a mosque with 'crescent on the top' - which were built during the first 400 years of Islam?

I would love to see that.

Know your enemy!

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

pretty pagan to me

tawhid

Did you see any picture of a mosque with 'crescent on the top' - which were built during the first 400 years of Islam?

I would love to see that.

so?

so either that means that POST 400 years they decided to put a pagen symbol on...why?

so it must be ok post 400 years to have a pagan symbol?

no?

My lord and my God the Christ, tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 6:16pm

...so either that means that POST 400 years they decided to put a pagen symbol on...why?

When Muslims conquered several European countries - they came in contact with their pagan symbols. Both crescent and star were symbols used by some Christian warlord during the Crusades, which eventually took their way into Muslim culture - just like Chrismas, Halloween, Mother Day, etc. In Islam their is no need of such symbols. Even these days, all mosques don't have crescent on their top - as every church has 'cross' and evey synagougue has 'star of Freemasonary'.

[Quote}My lord and my God the Christ, tawhid[/Quote].

Hey, don't worry - I have no problem with your perception of 'god' - because my Hindu friends have 365 'god' - and believe me I never have problem with them either!

However, T.W. Doarp in his 'Bible Myth' says - Lord Krishna whose history so closely resembles Jesus was also like him in his being crucified.

Know your enemy!

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:05pm

...so either that means that POST 400 years they decided to put a pagen symbol on...why?

When Muslims conquered several European countries - they came in contact with their pagan symbols. Both crescent and star were symbols used by some Christian warlord during the Crusades, which eventually took their way into Muslim culture - just like Chrismas, Halloween, Mother Day, etc. In Islam their is no need of such symbols. Even these days, all mosques don't have crescent on their top - as every church has 'cross' and evey synagougue has 'star of Freemasonary'.

[Quote}My lord and my God the Christ, tawhid

Hey, don't worry - I have no problem with your perception of 'god' - because my Hindu friends have 365 'god' - and believe me I never have problem with them either!

However, T.W. Doarp in his 'Bible Myth' says - Lord Krishna whose history so closely resembles Jesus was also like him in his being crucified.

[/QUOTE]

well that is good for tw doarp...

but my God is one...i dont know about yours

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

blessings to you and your family dear rehmat

tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:17pm

....but my God is one...i dont know about yours

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

tawhid

That's very amusing though - but the equation Dr. Gordon Rynalds used in 'Evolution of Christianity' - reads 1+1+1=3.

Know your enemy!

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:27pm

....but my God is one...i dont know about yours

1 x 1 x 1 = 1

tawhid

That's very amusing though - but the equation Dr. Gordon Rynalds used in 'Evolution of Christianity' - reads 1+1+1=3.

i dont believe you...even more so...PROVE that gordan rynalds added 1 + 1 + 1 = 3...book and page please ...even if he did...so?  are you trying to somehow divide two chrsitians apart on our doctrine (me vs dr rynalds?) as your ummah is divided into sunni and shiah and the mystics the sufi? what is your point?

and it doesnt matter what i believe...inchallah is what i say....

christians dont argue 1 + 1 + 1....cmon now...

you must try harder or you may be blessed with God's Spirit who can save you from this sick and perverse world....

in absolute love for rehmat

tawhid....sukran my lord the Christ

Edited by tawhid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic