IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - make dua for me please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

make dua for me please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: make dua for me please
    Posted: 28 May 2014 at 1:00am
i am new to this site..and am a revert too. i would like to know any of revert's dua experiences. currently am going through tough time..as i have not told my family about my islam and my father also seems upset as i don't talk much to them..it affects my emaan. Please share your stories of dua as an encouragement and also pray for me that i get job away from home .....
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 11:16pm
Assalamalecum,well the power of prayer is unimaginable.i m not revert m Muslim by birth Alhamdulillah,but last yr I had also gone through tough time but constant dua to Allah helped me to surpass the obstacles.B steadfast in ur duty towards Allah, as Allah says in ch 65 v 2-3 of Quran if ur loyal towards Allah, Allah will give help from unimaginable source.May Allah solve ur problem and grant u success in this world and hereafter.Ameen
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 12:28am
Thank you.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Tureen Tureen wrote:

i am new to this site..and am a revert too. i would like to know any of revert's dua experiences. currently am going through tough time..as i have not told my family about my islam and my father also seems upset as i don't talk much to them..it affects my emaan. Please share your stories of dua as an encouragement and also pray for me that i get job away from home .....
Asalaamu Alaikum

I don't know if what I am going to advise makes sense to you but I will try to do my best In Shaa Allah.

First of all you became a Muslim because Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala guided you to His religion, the only religion that He recognises. So you should always be grateful for this and should always thank Him for this privilege.

Secondly, I want to state here that all those people who hide their religion, living their lives wlaking on tip-toes will have a burden on their mind and in their heart. It is always best to revela to the world that you are a Muslim and proud f it. ( If I could I would stand on a roof top and shout out to the whole world).

Of course I understand the difficulties that goes with being a convert/revert. This is not easy when your family, friends and coleagues/students are all against you and Islam.

In my own experience it was difficult for the first two weeks or so then once when everyone you know realise that this is for real they will eventually accept it. The jokes on your behalf and the verbal abuse will be hard but they will go away in time and one will find peace In Shaa Allah.

With regards to dus's there is a book called "Fortress of the Muslim - Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah" published by Darussalaam publications and if you can get hold of one then it will be a great help to you In Shaa Allah.

By the way, my life has been a blessing ever since I became a Muslim, in so many ways it is so unbelievable. I also believe that I am better human being than the one I used to be although I still have a long way to go and I need to improve all the time.

So be proud of being a Muslim because it was Prophet Abraham (Alayhi Salaam) named the followers of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala as Muslims.

Islam is the only religion acceptable to God Almighty and we need to practice in the best possible way that is pleasing to our Creator, Lord, Sustainer, the One Who is Praiseworthy Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala Lord of of the Worlds.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 6:46am

and my father also seems upset as i don't talk much to them..it affects my emaan. pray for .....

Tureen welcome! Is there a reason you don't speak much to them?
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:21pm
Thank you Abu Loren, but i have read fortress of muslim..by dua i meant your own experience with dua. And i can't tell anyone now because i am also not independent yet so i dont know what their reaction would be. But yes..its like a burden on mind and in heart.
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:29pm
I don't speak much to them..because first of all i feel like am betraying them. And secondly i started talking to them but now i can no longer bear the things they talk about like music, various gods, they don't want to listen to me and i don't like listening to them..as affects my emaan also and also they often bring forth the topic of marriage.. I don't want to marry now and i don't have job yet..for that am constantly making dua. I want to do Alima course in Qur'an :) i really do..
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 3:06am

Thank you Abu Loren, but i have read fortress of muslim..by dua i meant your own experience with dua. And i can't tell anyone now because i am also not independent yet so i dont know what their reaction would be. But yes..its like a burden on mind and in heart.

From birth my life has been blessed but I don't know why.

During my days of Jahiliya I was not a very nice person, in fact looking back I believe my life to have been dictated by satan. I think I was a real SOB.

Making dua to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'la means different things to different people. For some, for example, when they make a dua they EXPECT a case full of million dollars in their front door step. For others, a meal once a day will suffice and yet for others it is an expectation that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala forgives their sins and have mercy on their souls and grant them Jannah in the Hereafter.

Edited by Abu Loren - 30 May 2014 at 3:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic