IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - make dua for me please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

make dua for me please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: make dua for me please
    Posted: 30 June 2014 at 7:08pm
Many Happy Congrats.
All praise to Allah, and we keep on praying that he makes it easier for you. Ameen.
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 11:10am
Assalamualaikum everyone here :) i have got a job in teaching profession. Alhamdulillah..but i was so upset and also with my relatives that i didn't pray those days..i have started praying again. Thanks a lot for all your duas..salary is not much but i hope Allah won't leave me even for a second to handle my affairs and will give me what is best for me.
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2014 at 8:00pm

right, so the idea is, if you could get enrolled into an Islamic academy that has lodging and boarding facility with a Quran Alima course designed for females then perhaps we can try to find someone who will take care of the expenses. In this way, you don't have to worry about fee and lodging/boarding/hostel expense. And you will be able to fully focus on learning the deen.
Once you graduate from the Alima course, Inshallah you will be able to find a job within your deen specialty.

The other option, if you want to focus in finding a job first, is to perhaps update your skill set and see if that helps? What is your academic specialty and what geographic location are you look at to target the job?

And yes, you are in our prayers. May Allah make it easy for you and take you out of all struggles. Ameen
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 10:14pm
ll0OoO0ll Thank you so much..really it was a boost as am really feeling down nowadays..am not getting job. I had this plan that once i get job away i would let my family read Qur'an and then slowly change my attitude from being negative to positive enthusiastic person and tell them about my conversion. But now my enthusiasm is almost down..I think I won't be able to tell them..especially i fear dad a lot and now mom too..I wake up everyday and its like another struggle.
You said put smile on your face..I can hardly do that as i don't feel like doing it. I didn't realize its going to be this hard. I don't have female friends who are muslims. I had one in college but not in touch now.
And yes i was thinking of doing Alim course. But I don't know much about it yet..And besides I can't afford it right now..but thanks anyways I really appreciate that.
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Tureen Tureen wrote:

i am new to this site..and am a revert too. i would like to know any of revert's dua experiences. currently am going through tough time..as i have not told my family about my islam and my father also seems upset as i don't talk much to them..it affects my emaan. Please share your stories of dua as an encouragement and also pray for me that i get job away from home .....

Inshallah you are in our prayers.
My personal experience with the following dua has been truly phenomenal. This very short yet very effective dua has been an extremely powerful prayers for me in difficult times.

The reciation of:

Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, bi-Rahmatika astagheeth

(�O Living, O Sustaining, in Your Mercy I seek relief!)

If you know someone who can read Arabic, ask them to read it for you for accurate pronunciation. It's not hard.
--------------------------------------------------

Couple of things that I would like to suggest.

There is hardly a "one size fits all rule" when it comes to announcing your Shahada in public or to keep it private in the start.

Every person's situation is different, and I don't think it's mandatory to get on your roof and scream at the top of your lungs to announce Shahada.

Some people announce it openly and some keep the faith in their hearts and announce it when the right time comes. But yes, practicing your faith within your capacity is super important (whether you announce the faith in public or not). And salaat is what you start with and NEVER leave it.

There is no earthly way by which we can judge if a person has emaan in his heart or not? It's only between Allah and the person.

Yes, at some point, we ALL want to announce our Shahada in the open public.
So, take logical steps and make an intelligent decision based on your situation as to when do you think it is appropriate to announce your Shahada; however, please start with learning salaat and start praying little by little.

I always tell new Muslims that, soon as you convert to Islam the satan starts working on you 24/7 to revert you back into ignorance, so no matter what happens, NEVER leave Islam!

This journey could be tough at times and it will become easy at other times. So stay in the company of good female Muslim friends and just don't make it too hard on yourself. Start with little that you can absorb and bring it into practice.

/end lecture   

Now the important part.

Have you identified where and which Alima course would you like to pursue? The reason I am asking is that this will inshallah give you a super boost of a jump start in Allah's way. And Inshallah after you become an Alima, you will inshallah leave a healthy and positive Islamic impact on your coming generations.

This will also help you get away from your current environment (if you are 18 or over and make your own independent decisions) and focus on your deen and your future; however, it is super important that you keep being nice, polite and very respectful to everyone in your family regardless of what their attitude is. Allah will reward you for this test of patience. Put a smile on your face when you talk to them and see the effects.

And now the most important part:

Let me know the Alima course that you would like to pursue and Inshallah we will try to find a sponsor for your course. He/She doesn't have to know you and you don't have to know him/her.

Remember, Allah makes it happen, we are only his servants and have no power of our own to do good.

Welcome to Islam my sister.   

Edited by ll0OoO0ll - 08 June 2014 at 6:47pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 4:13am
Originally posted by أي& أي& wrote:

I am a newly reverted Muslim as well. I can tell you that this is very difficult for me. I reverted just about two weeks ago. I had no intent on telling my family (my 86 year old grandmother), but after constant insistence on knowing where I was going and what i was doing (when I was going to Masjid), I broke down and told her. Life is not all that great right now. I'm 31 years old and moved in with her several months ago to help care for her if she needed it.

Needless to say her health is perfect and she takes this as a slight to her and the rest of our family, as she, and I, were raised Catholic in Christianity. So you are in my prayers, and I understand your situation

Asalaamu Alaykum

I think I am going to upset you with my reply but it must be said.

Salvation is a selfish thing. Nobody can carry your sins but you, not your mother, father, brother, sister etc etc etc. One could say your salvation is more important than family.

There is a Hadith in which the Prophet (SalAlaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) says that if you are granted 
Jannah and your family were disbelievers then after Judgment you will see them burn in hell fire.

Like admin said above you must always be obedient and kind to your family and only disobey them if they try to turn you away from the Straight Path of Islam.

By the way, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says in the Qur'an that when one has believed then disbelieved and dies in a state of disbelief then he will NEVER be forgiven.

The choice (as they say) is yours.

Edited by Abu Loren - 05 June 2014 at 4:14am
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 12:40am

Salam/Peace,

Welcome to Islam and wlecome to this forum too.  Hope you enjoy in both.

Just a little sugestion, be patient, just keep treating your grandma gently and nicely, that what Islam ask us to do to our parent (grand parent) no mater what. Let her see/notice that due your reversion you become a better person. All parent/grand parent love it if their children/off-springs become a good berson.

May Allah/God almighty guide and help us all to stay in the straith path. Amiin.
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 12:23am
may Allah reward you. yes please remember me in your prayers. i've been revert for 6-7 months and i still haven't told anyone. may Allah makes things easy for you as well.ameen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic