IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Troops in Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Troops in Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Troops in Iraq
    Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:53am

this is why we need salvation from God.

The only way out for us is to spread this value at man-to-man level. Educate people on both the sides of the great divide we have created. Without force.

Now, how we make our way out of this morass of our own making is equally an important question.

I may be wrong, but I feel, this is perhaps the strangest turn in our recent history. At this point of time, people of all colours and shades have sat up and started to think that the existing set of serving just the interests of the crown or the state is not really that kosher. We need to sit up and respond to the basic and fundamental Rights of Man as prescribed by our Creator.

The day we begin to flow in that direction we will discover peace and security without the King�s men in their armours!

I do not support US hegemony like some pipe dream of a neo-con...I equally oppose the pipe dream (political pipe dream) of the almighty Muslim caliphate

Unfortunately these both are recipes of Colonialist disaster. The finest would be the Toledo model, which worked wonders for the Christians, the Jews and the Muslims, not just living together, but we see a Church, a Synagogue and a Mosque in one courtyard.

It�s possible because it has more examples than we are told to believe otherwise. Far more common in this family of faiths than is otherwise. We need education + joint ventures between the people of all faiths � my mission � through IWO.

When 6% of Muslims in Great Britain suggest that they relate to and justify the cause to which the so-called Muslim extremists sent 56 people to their deaths for - I think we need to discuss how Muslims will relate to outside faiths.

We need to look at the past 80 or so years (a bit longer if we wish to include the atrocious British treatment of the Muslims in India). The Raj persecuted the Muslims all across the globe for being the contenders to the power that the Brits usurped.

The Empire collapsed. In my own lifetime I have seen Muslims and other in ex-colonials expressing gratitude to the US for forcing the Brits to close down their mistreatment machine. But then, somehow, over a period of time and specially after the CIA operation against the elected government of Mussadeg � the Muslim feeling had started to swing to read that the HQ of the empire had just shifted form London to Washington � as an arrangement between these English speaking cousins.

Washington has been unjust in the treatment of Muslim problems. In the past couple of decades Washington has been viewed as an outright oppressor, almost with a Zionist zeal.

This has created a 21st century crusade scenario for most Muslims across the globe.

The same could be said for Jews and Christians at various points in our histories as well...

The global players� dwindling position will empower �people� to come to play a better role in recognising each other. The politicians won�t want us to do that as long as they wish to stay in power.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:50pm

Kufr which is translated as disbelief in arabic means ungratefulness/ unthankfulness. This is the reality of disbelief, in that someone does not recognize The God and Him sustaining him and taking good care of him and thus does not thank Him and act ungrateful.(unjust)

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:46pm

What a coincidence tomorrow is Thanksgiving and i am about to post this, The biggest sin is unthankfulness, because it is Satan who makes us believe reality is something bad and it is us who choose to act out of ungratefulness and with this do injustice.

Chapter the high situated places "Al A'raaf"

15.((Allah)) said(to satan when he disbeyed Allah to bow down before Adam): "Be thou among those who have respite."

16.He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:

17 "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: and Thou wilt not find most of them grateful/thankful."

Be thankful to The Lord tomorrow and as much as you can, because only the disbeliever is ungrateful to his Lord. And know that nothing happens except by His Power and leave so be grateful and do not let Satan convince you to become ungrateful

< name=pagethru =default.asp>

38:82 (Satan/Iblis) said: "Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong,-

38:83 "Except Thy Servants amongst them who are sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

Edited by Community
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:16pm
OK Sasha..Have a good evening..It is the day for Praise and Thanksgiving (as Abe Lincoln called it) tomorrow in the US...be blessed all in the Name of the Lord..
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 3:07pm

With all the things you've written, that we've written back and forth - this statement of yours is as close to TRUTH that we can absolutely agree upon. 

Bruce, It's too late here. Your post deserves a good early morning thought. First thing in the morning, my friend.

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

You, of all people, should know that this is not an easy prospect under the best of circumstances, let alone under such dubious a situation as Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden in conjunction with 3,000 people killed in one hour

My friend, I know. But then is global understand, harmony and piece easy tasks? All of us have to move on from where we are stuck. We would do that only if we begin with the fact that we created OBLs and SHs in our world.

"We would do that only if we begin with the fact that we created OBLs and SHs in our world."

With all the things you've written, that we've written back and forth - this statement of yours is as close to TRUTH that we can absolutely agree upon.  I have maintained not purity of the US but an equal share in evil with others complicit in evil - to some degree we're all complicit in evil and sin - this is why we need salvation from God.

OBL and SH existed - because WE allowed them to exist.  Because we turned our backs and our faces to evil as it existed and was practiced.  This is to all of our shame.  Now, how we make our way out of this morass of our own making is equally an important question.

I do not support US hegemony like some pipe dream of a neo-con...I equally oppose the pipe dream (political pipe dream) of the almighty Muslim caliphate...hold to that view Muslim if you wish an eschatological (end of the world) belief - but for the practical present - it is not a workable belief system.  How can the Muslim caliphate take over for the 5/6 of the world that are not Muslim....this would be like me, a Christian, saying that the world will submit to my faith...I may wish, more or less, for such a result, but in the meantime, I'd best get about the business of figuring out how to relate to those of other faiths...

And that without killing them...for this is certainly not God's will for any of us and for any faith!  Do such obvious things need to be said?  I'm afraid so...

When 6% of Muslims in Great Britain suggest that they relate to and justify the cause to which the so-called Muslim extremists sent 56 people to their deaths for - I think we need to discuss how Muslims will relate to outside faiths..

The same could be said for Jews and Christians at various points in our histories as well...

But, at the least, we know that it is NOT God's will that His children kill each other, especially people of the Book!  Point to your hadiths and Qur'anic support and me my Biblical support that would maintain that it is God's WILL that we dwell in peace with one another - we people of faith.

Edited by b95000
Bruce
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

But then again, why do you seek or hold power

I have never sought power, wealth or fame in my entire life. I don't hold power but a huge responsibility, which I have to being the eldest born male of a certain order.

My ambition is to live in a mud hut. And, also the title of my book - coming next year

Holding huge responsibility is to have power...although you may not have sought it..granted..
Bruce
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 12:42am
No Whisper we did not, they might have looked at us and taken our actions and words in a bad way and chose to do injustice. All power is to Allah, and we can either follow the good and act upon that or choose to follow the bad and act upon that. Everyone is responisble for their own choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic