IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - American Troops in Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American Troops in Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sms2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Troops in Iraq
    Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:30pm
I would like to know people's opinions about the American Troops in Iraq.  I am researching for a school project and would like to hear different perspectives about the American Troops and what they are/not accomplishing.
Shamil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 8:39am

Originally posted by sms2003 sms2003 wrote:

I would like to know people's opinions about the American Troops in Iraq.  I am researching for a school project and would like to hear different perspectives about the American Troops and what they are/not accomplishing.

what are they accomplishing? making american oligarchs even richer. creating the image around the world of america as a rogue nation and terrorist state.

Edited by Shamil
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 9:21am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

They are seen as invaders by the entire muslim world. These pupet dictators where set up by the west to opress the people now that saddam is no longer wanted they have new plans for the region.

no government in Iraq established by the west and modeled on western beliefe system can be tolerated in the region, this is imperialism at its worst.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:43am

American troops are great and we love them - as long as they are kept under lock and key in their own country. When Muslims find them in their lands, they are tempted to use them for target practice.

I wonder if many Americans know that 9/11 happened in response to US placing troops in Saudi Arabia.

US troops have accomplished a hell of a lot, they have given US a very filthy image.

sms2003 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sms2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:50am

Shamil,  I am from the U.S. and I agree with you that the American Troops are accomplishing nothing in Iraq.  I also agree that they are making it seems like Iraq is nothing but a terrorist region, and they are trying to enforce a new system that the muslims do not believe in.  Can you tell me how this is making the American oligarchs even richer?

Rami,  I also agree with everything you said.  I have always felt that the American Troops were there just to enforce a new government and belief system on Iraq.  I don't believe that they should be doing this because ironically America was supposed to stand for freedom of religion, oppression, and freedom of your own beliefs.  So why would we go into another country and do just the opposite?

Thank you both for your input on the matter. I appreciate your comments and you have helped greatly with my project.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:20am
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 3:40pm

sms2003:

American troops are in Iraq because Saddam Hussein was a heinous murderer and his cronies together with him.  Please look at these sites to get an understanding of how horrible and heinous this man actually was.  Saddam presented himself as a 'great Arab leader' but he was no more than a warlord across an entire nation of close to 30 million people and one the Iraqis deeply hated buy even moreso feared.

Further Saddam played the international community, including Russia, the US, France, Germany, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi, the United Nations et al, off against themselves and brought 16 Chapter 7 (these are the worst kind) UN Security Council Resolutions violations upon himself.  These WMD violations were the cause of this second war by a Coalition of over 30 nations around the world..The Connections between Saddam and terrorist groups like Hamas, and al Aqsa Martyr's brigade and most notoriously al Qaeda, brought a whole other layer of reasoning to bear in regard to ousting Saddam and his heinous group from the power they wielded ruthlessly over the Iraqi people and threatening many other nations regionally and internationally.

http://www.massgraves.info/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3738368.stm - on the Hatra Mass Graves - where babies were found shot.

http://iraqiholocaust.blogspot.com/2004/07/iraqs-tortured-ch ildren-bbc-2002.html

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.graves/

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 3:43pm

Rami,  I also agree with everything you said.  I have always felt that the American Troops were there just to enforce a new government and belief system on Iraq.  I don't believe that they should be doing this because ironically America was supposed to stand for freedom of religion, oppression, and freedom of your own beliefs.  So why would we go into another country and do just the opposite?

sms2003,

Don't forget how horrible repressive Saddam was.  Like a criminal.  The Coaltion, has removed this horrible criminal and now, with some challenges of course, there is a new, free, Iraqi government that has an approved Constitution guaranteeing these freedoms that you're writing and speaking of...
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic