IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - veiling  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

veiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: veiling
    Posted: 01 December 2005 at 12:49am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Jenni why do i need to know what it feels like to be able to Quote what Allah and his messenger have commanded. Allah created you and he certainly knows you better than your self, remember Allah and his messeger are the criteria for what is right and wrong not us men or women i say something islamicly wrong please by all means i would love it if you tell me to shut up i am not trying to misguide anyone.

I certainly know what harship feels like, what rejections feels like, what being looked down upon feels like are you feeling something i havnt felt beffore?

i also understand that women feel these things more intensly than men, Allah rewards you for every second of hardship you go through and most certainly according to the intensity of the strugle.

i have a beard and i am an arab living in the west would you prefer walking around with a beard

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:00am

Bismillah,

Ameen Jenni and Khadija!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:18am
Queenie, I am saying on this issue a man does not know what it feels like to wear it or be a woman. It is sort of like a man giving you pregnancy advice. It is nothing against men or cerntianly has nothing to do with the prophets opinion. I was just referring to Rami and how men make stern comments against us sisters when they don't have to live as women or mothers or for some sisters single mothers. They DON'T usually understand the suffering that women in the world go through otherwise why are women in the world and in many Muslim countries in SUCH A TERRIBLE STATE??????
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:16am

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Rami, you are right, there is no sexism in Islam; however, it thrives in the Ummah.  It was a major problem in the time of the Prophet (pbuh), one which the Qur'an commanded to be irradiated and that the Prophet (pbuh), to his dying breath, tired to instill into the hearts and minds of the Ummah.  I know I�m getting off topic so I will not say more.  Just wanted to point out that you are right on the one hand, but on the other, if your reference to �Islam� means the Ummah, then you are grossly in error.

Allah Hafiz

PAZ

Khadija 

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 5:27am

I think it is wrong to say a mans opinion does not mean much on issues related to islam. The prophet (saw) was a man and had opinions on womens issues. Also most of our scholars who us women look to for rulings and fatwas are men. Therefore gender does not play an issue for me. there is no sexism in islam. A fact is a fact, whether its uttered from a mans mouth or a womans. Hijab is an islamic obligation. That is a fact. whether one wears it or not is their own choice and only allah can judge them. personally i find it amazing that the more and more i hear hijab as an issue in the media, in discussions and the more it is attacked. i see the total opposite effect. everywhere i look the hijab is becoming more and more visible by the day masha allah. i agree with jenni when she says that if one feels unsafe the ruling on hijab changes. i have heard this from dr jamal badawi. but must stress that he said "unsafe" means extreme circumstances where you feel that actual physical harm will come to you because of it. also when the danger is clear a woman should put the hijaab back on. seems logical to me. but there are differences of opinion on the matter.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 4:59am

Assalamu alaikum,

In this statement, Jenni, you certainly hit the very core of an important issue:

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

I don't feel at home here anymore anyway, hijab or not.

I have been feeling the very same way myself for quite some time now - like a fish out of water.  People do need to realize that it is extremely hard to live your life as a Muslim in a non-Muslim country - and it is a thousand times harder for a woman in hijab.  And several thousand times harder for those without a Muslim community nearby.

May our dear Merciful Allah give all the Muslims in non-Muslim countries much courage and strength and much patience.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Yes I would be interested with that discussion because like I pointed out before, at one stage of my life I strongly believed Hijab was not an obligation and today I believe the opposite.

Maybe we can get some good points, when we discussion this issue from your research.

Ok, I see what I can do on the weekend

Quote This is an issue that will go on till eternity.

me too .

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 7:54pm
Rami- I agree and I honestly wish in my heart I could be brave and wear a chador all the time. I have no desire to appear modern, or beautiful to strangers out in public. In fact I really want people to leave me alone. I hope inshalla in the future we will move away from here and I can dress the way that is right. I don't feel at home here anymore anyway, hijab or not. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic