IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - to all muslims here ,,,,!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

to all muslims here ,,,,!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Hafez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to all muslims here ,,,,!!!
    Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:36pm

salamualykom

why don't we talking about scientfic facts in the holy Quran

it's great subjects

and all muslims here will be interest to know about scientfic facts in the holy Quran , right?

we can make small team that it job will be posting these topics here in this forum.

it will need at least 4 members

who agree?? and be with me in this matter??

i can not do it alone

Who???

I Love Khaled Ebn Al Waleed
     ( Sword Of Allah)
unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:17am

Asalam Aalaikum

Dear Brother Hafez

I would enjoy discussing this interesting topic with you and I will surely present my comments on your post.

Actually many Muslim Scholars including Dr.Zakir agree on the point that Qur'an contains some Scientific Facts that were discovered recently by Modern Scientific Research but I donot completely agree with this claim because I have a different approach on this subject.

Regards,

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 6:54am
I am of the opinion that not all but some of what people cite as the Quranic-scientific facts are real miracles. For example, the original Arabic wording of a verse in Surah Zaariyat perfectly indicates the expansion of the universe, which has been established by science only in the modern times.

Edited by Mustafaa
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
M_Hafez View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Hafez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 6:04am

salamualykom

so we are 3 now

god bless you brothers

unity1 , mustafa , M_Hafez , who else?

I Love Khaled Ebn Al Waleed
     ( Sword Of Allah)
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:23am

I love this topic as well.  I searched for some things to read on it yesterday.  Here is some reading if anyone is interested:

www.themodernreligion.com   Click on "The Quran" in the left hand column.  You will find 3 articles: Bridge between Science and The Quran, The Amazing Quran, and What is the Speed of Time?.

www.islamonline.net  Click on "Quran:The Reminder" on the right hand side.  Then click on "Qur'anic Miracles" at the top.  Here you will find many articles relating to science in the Qur'an including: Scientific Facts Revealed in the Qur'an, The Faulted Earth, The Cosmos in the Qur'an, Scientific Discoveries and Knowledge of the Unseen, and A Qur'anic Approach to Scientific Investigation.

www.islaminfo.com  Click on "Quran" (in left hand column).  Scroll down this whole page to find many interesting articles.

www.islamweb.net  In left hand column under "Welcome to Islam", click on "About Quran".   There is lots of reading in here on the subject.

(*Please note: my spelling of Qur'an/Quran is according to how these sites spelled it!  I always spell it Qur'an.)

I hope this is of some help.  It is a lot of reading but it is always an interesting subject.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:29am

Unity 1, you say: "...but I do not completely agree with this claim because I have a different approach on this subject."

Would you care to expand on that?  It might be interesting.

And Mustafaa, you say: "I am of the opinion that not all but some of what people cite as Quranic-scientific facts are real miracles."

Would you also like to expand on that?  Again, it might be interesting!  Just thought I would ask!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 9:04am
I thought the qur'an is not a scientific book
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 12:26pm

As Salamu Alaikum 

These are some of my favorite Ayat on science.

"Yes we are able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers."

Surah Al-Qiyamah 75:4

Isn't this a recent discovery that we all have different and unique fingerprints.

In the Holy Surah Al-Anbiya' 21: 30 Allah states:

"Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were joined together, then I split them apart".

According to scientist this Ayah refers to the "Big Bang" theory.

Surah Luqman 31:29 Allah says "Have you not seen how Allah merges the night into the day and merges the day into the night."

The use of the word "merges" emphasizes a slow gradual change, and
this is not possible if the earth is flat.

Man thought that the Earth was flat, until Sir Frances Drake in 1607 finally proved it to be spherical.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic