IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - introduction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

introduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 11:33am

Welcome,

i am 17 year old muslimah, maybe I can help both of you. Find friends and info?

Edited by aishag88
Sharissa View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:39pm
Salams,

I'm also new to this forum.  I'm 21yrs old - converted to Islam when I was 17.  I'm also from the USA. 

Welcome to this forum Taylor, hope you learn alot.
ahasanah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahasanah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 9:32pm
Welcome to this forum from me...
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 7:20am

Salam

Taylor, I'm a revert to Islam and I live in the US.  I am not of your age group but I would gladly be of help if you have any questions.  I'm glad you have decided to join us.  May Allah guide you well during your stay here at IC.  Ameen.

PAZ

Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 1:31am

Welcome to the forum Taylor,

n welcome 2 Sharissa,  sakirpmk n heather-muslima n all other new members as well,

i have also joined the forum recently, am from india.

hp we all share info here that is of mutual benefit....

Jazakallah khair.

Edited by ASHI
herbsinger42 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbsinger42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:06am
Hi, All!
I feel like the old woman... I'm 54, my handle (herbsinger42) is based on my gardening and herbalistic skills, My first name is Melody-- hence the 'singer' part.

I'm a pagan, or naturalist, but I cannot perceive the creative spirit being wrong in creation, and somehow, out of the slime or by divine motion, we are here. We sometimes disagree on what reality looks like. I'm convinced we are just looking at the same thing from different angles, and are missing key elements that others find obvious.

I'm here because I'm writing a novel-- If you don't want your opinion ending up in print... better not talk to me. Better yet, do I need to ask permission of each forum? I read the behavior code, and didn't see anything, but want to be open about my intent.

So: your intros have all been brief- I'm a Las Vegas native in the US- Vegas is more commonly known as Sin City because of our gambling. Ironically, prostitution, while prevalent, is illegal in our county. However, displays of skin in shows is not- and so, Sin City.

I have a preconception of Israel as a bully in Palestinian relationships. I take my government to task at every opportunity for propping up a terrorist regime, (my read of bulldozing communities, farms, orchards and groves on a regular basis and stealing property that wasn't stolen by the UN...) Hitler followed what the US had done to the natives in the Americas... seems Israel took a page from the book, as well.

My take on why- other than thuggishness?? Water rights.
Could be I read this because I'm from the desert south west of the US. Water is life.

Ok-- steppin off the soap box. OH! I'm a fan of a show called Firefly, and the subsequent movie, Serenity- you may notice I will use the slang for some verbs... and contract 'verse to mean all of the known universe... it is merely homage to my favorite storyteller of our time, Joss Whedon. Please do not be offended, or assume I'm speaking Bush.
I'm a screaming liberal, so, not Bush. Nor Bush II.

I'll be quizzin' y'all regularly... Blessings!
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:02pm
Welcome.  What's the novel about?  How far along in writing are you?  First novel, or what else have you written?  Was it published?
herbsinger42 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbsinger42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 8:17am
First novel-- I'm an essayist... this came to me in a dream. I've dreamed of the Middle East for a long time- for some reason it appears as a "spy v. spy" in that I am watching someone, but trying not to be seen... the other night after meeting with a group of writers, the premise came to me. I'll set it in a three month period- In the Gaza strip, using the actions of a paramilitary group working against Israel,

That being part of the premise... and having a "Christian Palestinian" as friend here, who's older brother was a part of the resistance... I want to be able to create three dimensional Christians, Muslims and Israelis... which means that there is more to them than their politics-- family, friends, internal belief structure as well as the dogma of the various faiths.

I have spent years with the Christian Orthodox friend... so, I have that background. I dated a Muslim who converted to Christianity here in the states... his brother didn't... so I have some of that family conflict- but I don't know any Muslims well. I don't know much about Islam other than historically- and some of the snippets I got from Samir's friends when we traveled- One was a scholar, who had also converted and was creating a book for converts that resembled something he had experienced as a Muslim; a book that guided one's study and practice.

I'd give ya more, but I haven't copyrighted yet... so, until I know its mine, I'm not putting it on the net... Stephanie Meyers lost a whole book, and since this is my first, I can't afford to lose it.!!!

As to how far along... I have one page--- and a boatload of research to read.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic