IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM
    Posted: 07 November 2005 at 3:39pm
After reading all the kind replys and posts from my muslim brothers, not only do i believe that everything about islam is true but i also embraced Islam. I actually embraced Islam before but Satan always tried to hold me back but now im 100% positive Islam is the one and only true religion. God guides us all to Islam.

Edited by john11
MuslimChe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuslimChe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:31pm

I just glanced a few things on your questions. As a student of comparative religion (We all are), there are several things I need to point out.

One of the more prevalent themes in your questions was the idea of Allah being a moon god. To answer your question, yes that is true. However, that is untrue in Islam.

Let me pose a different answer. When people talk about Hinduism in the english language, they say God or Gods. In the same way, a Christian might say God. A muslim might say God. This is all in the english language.

Now fast forward to the Middle East. An arab might say Allah. Christian Arabs certainly use the word Allah in context of Christianity. Islam uses the word of Allah. What many defactors of Islam on the internet fail to realize is that the Allah just means god. At the same time, it does not matter what word is used to describe the god, it's the "Declaration" of the god in the Holy Book. For example, you cannot say that Allah is a moongod in context of Islam if the Qur'an clearly indicates otherwise.

Also, there was mention of Elohim in one of your questions. Elhoim in Hebrew, from what I know, has roots in the word Allah because Hebrew language and Arabic share many characteristics.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:37pm

Bismillah,

Johnny, for the answer to these and all of your other questions you have yet to post, go to Ahmed Deedat's website, our dearly departed scholar of the Bible and the Qur'aan.  If you want the answers to these questions, you will find them in his copious information he has published on the subject, and it is authoritative and accurate. 

After you have completed this assignment, please return to discuss your newfound knowledge.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:39pm
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
MuslimChe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuslimChe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 5:57pm

Ahmed Deedat, may Allah bless him.

His works were amazing. I have read articles about his debates with Pat Robertson. Throughout the globe he managed the convert a lot of people.

Inshallah we will have more Scholars in the near future just like him.

john11 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:34pm
God bless you all.

Edited by john11
Shamil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:14pm

If the original poster was sincere in his quest for knowledge he would be reading authoritative books on Islam and not posing the questions to nameless strangers on a website.

His only purpose here is to attempt to instill doubt in Muslims by asking questions that have already been answered. Quite dishonest and not worth the time required to respond.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:03pm

You're very welcoming aren't you, shamil

Just because questions have been answered before, doesn't mean they cannot be answered again. Unbeknown to you the guy could be just starting out to learn about islam and you shoot him down!??

And technically aren't we all nameless strangers on a website here who have joined in some common interest ?  so what is different about this guy, John11??

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic