IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 8:17am

Note to Pauline35:

For what it is worth, and although my contribution was insignificant, I have deleted my above response.  The way I figure, if Mr. Choong is prepared to charge people 30 dollars per head to attend his "What Every Christian Ought to Know About Islam" Seminars, he ought to be able to do his own homework and perhaps hire a proof-reader to check his facts before he publishes.  I respect you for asking Muslims about Islam and for not relying exclusively upon non-Muslims for your information.  That said, I do hereby excuse myself from this discussion.

Best regards,

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 2:59am

Dear All,

This is interesting. So The Medina Jews accepted Mohammed PBUH kindly when he ran away from Mecca?

But what happened to them then? I heard that Jews were expelled from Arabia Territory then.

Fox

Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Note to Pauline35:

For what it is worth, and although my contribution was insignificant, I have deleted my above response.  The way I figure, if Mr. Choong is prepared to charge people 30 dollars per head to attend his "What Every Christian Ought to Know About Islam" Seminars, he ought to be able to do his own homework and perhaps hire a proof-reader to check his facts before he publishes.  I respect you for asking Muslims about Islam and for not relying exclusively upon non-Muslims for your information.  That said, I do hereby excuse myself from this discussion.

Best regards,

Servetus

Although it is deleted I still remember one thing though. The mixing of two names, Waraqa and Bahira. Thanks for that remainder.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:39am

Originally posted by Freebird Freebird wrote:

Although it is deleted I still remember one thing though. The mixing of two names, Waraqa and Bahira. Thanks for that remainder.

I am happy to share my bread, but not with those who in turn sell it for thirty quid per head (e.g., Mr. Choong).  At any rate, you are welcome.

Servetus 

pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 8:05am
hahaha...any special discount for non-muslim?

I wrote to Mr. Choong, asking him to be sensitive and also, to hire a PROOF READER before he publishes anything relating to religion.

Unfortunately, he is egoistic in his stand and claiming that were the factuals. Well! If he comes to Malaysia, he might be hold up by the ISA(Internal Security Act) department.

This is a sensitive issue in Malaysia. Although I am not a muslim, I felt terrible over what he published because he barely got the information right about Buddhism too.

sufi_observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sufi_observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 9:11am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Thank you to all for contributing your time and knowledge to someone whom are learning. The questions I posted earlier were from a man who founded the Academy Christian Thought in NewYork, Mr. Ron Choong. He lives there and he claims to have done some research and continues to preach about what Christian ought to know about Islam and other religions.

In my experience, any book, site, or lecture that is entitled "What X should know about Y" it is always nonsense.

pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 9:51am
Exactly, I have posted a note to the Malaysian government on this issue. I believe the government will contact the ACT soon as the founder is also a Malaysian.

There was this saying i.e. those who condemn other religion just to promote their religion are injuring their own religion.

This saying is so true. Even though I am not a muslim, I felt offended by Mr. Choong's statement for I feel he is making money through publishing inaccurate facts and changes the history of religions.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 3:20pm

Is it customary, in Malaysia, to report someone who publishes with minor factual errors to the authorities?  Ouch!  That must put a damper on certain types of literature.  (By the way, Pauline35, and if it is a factor in this discussion, I am a non-Muslim as well.)

Servetus 

Edited by Servetus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
  Share Topic