IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why can’t we post though?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why can’t we post though?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why can’t we post though?
    Posted: 25 November 2005 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

You cannot create polls in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

I wonder how to do it?

First you need a poll  

Polls can only be created by the moderators which if you have any ideas, you can suggest it to them and they can create one.

And then you and others can vote for which there will be a button to click in that thread

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:23pm

I can't believe this but it is true, this is the 51st post. Dayem you are such a legend. The fort is mine as you said it:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:16pm

My jaws dropped when i got the message that u cannot post, reply or anything.Later i relised that i wasnot loged in!

Ok,wats the meaning of these two message:

You cannot create polls in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

I wonder how to do it?

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 12:44pm

I don't know why wanting to access so many sections when making replies in the available topics is not that easy. Alright I am happy as it is now - but I don't like this sight:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

This is the 39th I think.

aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:38am

Salaam,

Thank you

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:43am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Here is a rough sketch of what is happening.

We have broadly divided the forums into two categories. One is where all members can post, while the second category is where we discuss only religious-Islamic issues.  In this second category, the newbies and many senior members cannot post. The protocol was to study the interest of newbies till they become a groupie, ie in a stay for 40 sincere posts. Once you are ready to be a groupie the quality and subject of your posts will decide weather you want to talk in the second category or not.

Seniority is not the criterion, but your interest .... and administrators can change your access anytime. 

We have to do this since the design of the boards does not allow any other strategy to keep out non religious posts from islamic forums, which were becoming a bother for serious muslims who come here to learn, understand and share about Islam.

If you post crap or are not seriously interested in Islamic issues from islamic perspectives, you will enjoy access to only the first category, where secular and interfaith discussions are accomodated.

Increasing your post count with meaningless messages cannot gain you any better access.

It could be that some new groupies have got entry to the second category if their monitoring was poor, owing to the fact that there is practically only one moderator taking care of the entire board these days, but I hope things will not remain this way forever, insha allah.

Hope this clears the confusion for all.

Peace,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 11:10pm

I have posted 22 post and I still see this: