IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IM new looking for islamic attire  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IM new looking for islamic attire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aafiabintmalik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IM new looking for islamic attire
    Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:08am
I am a new muslim. I began to wear niqab but i am in desperate need of abayas. Abayas in America are to expensive. Can someone plz give me advice. Its a right of another muslim when asked. Some cheap sites, used ones or something. I want a beautiful one. I was told saudi has beautiful cheap ones but im not goin over sees at this time. For the sake of Allah. HelpCrySmile
truthfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:46pm

You can buy black fabric, silk or any should be thick
Not transparent

Then take it to sheep shop and give them model
And ask to make same

Shoulder abaya
http://www.mbc.net/.imaging/stk/mbc/photo-mod2/website/contentpool/ar/2013/7/7/إحصلي-على-عباية-رمضانية-راقية-بـ5-خطوات/components/0/imageBinary/5fd0945052dc358a4593bdfae004694bd2bf8a48/plain-black-abaya-jilbab (1).jpg

Head abaya

http://www.almeske.net/upload/aln3esa-1331185755.jpg

Head abaya is best and it is up to you

Abaya should be wide not stick with body

Janissary7 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janissary7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 9:30am
Quick question.. do new muslims need to wear muslim attire or are t shirts and shorts ok?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:58pm

The main purpose of clothing in Islam is to cover "the aurat" the body part of Muslim that not to be exposed to others. So you new Muslim and old Muslim have the same rules. However if you are new, you can do it gradually just to make it easy for you.

In general short are OK for men (preferable not too short, up-to knee) but not for women. For women preferable long skirt or long paints. Teeshirt perfectly fine for men, for women it's OK, but preferable long sleeves.

(for women, the above answer should be considered as transition before you could do the perfect one)

For women, the perfect attire is the one that cover the whole body except the face and wrist.

Again Islam is not about clothing, so if you can not  do perfectly on clothing, you still be a Muslim, do it all aspect of Islam gradually as much as you can.

Edited by semar - 15 August 2014 at 12:02am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2014 at 7:49pm
what you could do is go to your mosque and ask people if they know of anyone who is going overseas for a visit. When they tell you then you can give that person money to buy you an abaya, in meantime, the website that I like a lot is eastessence.com. Their clothings are so cheap but with great quality. It is not necessary to wear abayas of all colors or abayas at all. But since you love them so much, you can go to the mosque in your state and ask them when they are having a yard sale. This way, you can buy cheap used abayas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic