IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am Worried. - this story is Long  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am Worried. - this story is Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:26am
Total rubbish.
MrsNabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 12:19am
Now, a knowledgeable woman will put in her two cents' worth...

First, she lied to you and you decided to make her your wife anyway. That was your mistake. You've got to live with that decision.

Second, I think your wife has a psychological problem. First you describe her as being in bed all the time, having no interest in doing things, etc. That is a sign of depression.

Next, you describe her as being hyper-sexual, wanting sex all the time and never being satisfied. This is a blatant sign of mania.

Your wife probably has bipolar disorder, caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

How do I know? The hyper-sexuality is a dead give-away. And, I would make sure she's not cheating on you while the kids and you are away during the day. With bipolar mania you literally can't control yourself and will make wrong, possibly destructive, decisions and actions.

It may be that she already knew she had this disorder before she married you. That may be why she kept so much from you.

People with bipolar disorder can feel ashamed they have this problem. Also they may frequently decide they don't need the medicine anymore, so they stop taking it, and the roller coaster either goes way up, or crashes way down. They feel better after taking medicine, so since they are feeling better, they think they no longer need the medicine. They don't realize that they feel better BECAUSE of the medicine.

I can't remember exactly where, but there is somewhere in the Quran that states an "afflicted" woman will be freed of her problems when she marries. Perhaps she thought that Allah would cure her once she married.

If she's bipolar, that ain't gonna happen.

Take her to be evaluated by a good psychiatrist. Once she's on meds it will be better for you and your family.

What you must realize, foremost, is that if she does have bipolar disorder, and is in a manic phase, you need to forgive any transgressions because she was literally "out of her mind".

On the other hand, when one spouse has bipolar disorder, there is a 90% chance that the marriage will end in divorce (if the woman is bipolar). Most spouses can't deal with the stress and the roller coaster rides that bipolar disorder imposes upon their lives. It takes lots of love, understanding, and strength to stay married when a spouse has this disorder.

Edited by MrsNabil - 12 May 2014 at 12:27am
zMisbahz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zMisbahz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:07am
wow,
Didn't even know that could be an issue. I will try to research into that aspect itself. However, I would like to state that I do not consider my Marrying her a mistake, yes things may not necessarily be Rosy but neither will I want to be naive and neglect the issue at hand - in a nutshell all am trying to say is, whatever the situation is. It is definitely a Learning Experience. - Thanks
MrsNabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 5:21pm
My marriage was a "mistake"!!

I didn't even know I was married to my husband until 10 months later!

It, also, is a very long story. But, to make it short, Allah took control and took me away from an awful man who was a liar and thief, and gave me to my husband, a faithful and wonderful man.

We have our cultural and language differences, and some problems, but Allah has made him strong and patient.

Allah saved me.

Allah Akbar! (Did I spell that right?)
zMisbahz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zMisbahz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 11:13am
Salam,
Yes, you spelled it right. I can't thank you enough for the insights to your experience.
MrsNabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 1:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic