IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feeling Alone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeling Alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 5:25am
Subhan Allah, this thread is amazing.

The situation of muslims in the world today is like of those prophesised in a hadith where rasul (sallallahu alaihe wasallam) has said a time will come when muslims will be dishonored, killed, looted and the sahaba asked if this would be the case because they will be very few in number, upon which he (saw) said, that no, they will be many however they will have strayed away from the the mainstream principles of the sharia.

I dont understand the need of the european fatwa, however its signifies how we are straying away from the mainstream sharia. And subhan Allah our state anywhere in the world, its far from being respectable as a community.

The situation of the opener of this thread reminds me of the story of sister Amina Asslimi I read on the internet a few years ago. Worth a read for any, including akh2014.

http://www.whyislam.org/spiritual-journeys/aminah-assilmi/

Islam means submission to God. This does not mean 'I am a muslim but...' or 'I want to be a muslim but...'

May Allah protect us all and keep us on sirat al mustaqeem, ameen.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Subhan Allah, this thread is amazing.

The situation of muslims in the world today is like of those prophesised in a hadith where rasul (sallallahu alaihe wasallam) has said a time will come when muslims will be dishonored, killed, looted and the sahaba asked if this would be the case because they will be very few in number, upon which he (saw) said, that no, they will be many however they will have strayed away from the the mainstream principles of the sharia.

I dont understand the need of the european fatwa, however its signifies how we are straying away from the mainstream sharia. And subhan Allah our state anywhere in the world, its far from being respectable as a community.

The situation of the opener of this thread reminds me of the story of sister Amina Asslimi I read on the internet a few years ago. Worth a read for any, including akh2014.

http://www.whyislam.org/spiritual-journeys/aminah-assilmi/

Islam means submission to God. This does not mean 'I am a muslim but...' or 'I want to be a muslim but...'

May Allah protect us all and keep us on sirat al mustaqeem, ameen.

I think the trouble with Islam today is that people are making halal what has been made haram and making halal what has been made haram.

For some people any sort of Islam will do.
akh2014 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akh2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the message Nausheen. I am going to give a speedy response - so please mind my sentences!

I know - there is no "but" to being a Muslim. I don't have any "but" or "if" to that.

As far as the European fatwa or "straying away" is concerned - I don't think I have the right to question it. At the end of the day, every true Muslim strives towards what he/she thinks is right. It's our own interpretation of Islam. Whose to say whether its wrong or right? We definitely don't. God can judge us.

And btw, what is "mainstream sharia"? I don't understand that concept. It sounds like some media campaign. Please explain.

I liked the article you posted. I was thinking about doing the same thing....and then I looked at my 1 year old daughter and thought -- I would rather spend eternity in hell then leave her. If God wants to punish me for that - then so be it.

Some people may consider Aminah strong - but I don't though. It takes an extremely weak person to leave her duty as a mother and to think about herself (and v-s-v, her own relationship with god). Allah put my daughter in my care for a reason. And, that reason could not have been to leave her with a non-muslim. I have a great opportunity to teach my daughter about Islam. A mother is the first person a child sees and hears, and the first person a child learns from. That is a HUGE deal in itself. In that regard, where do you think Aminah's children will end up? She can only hope God guides them in the right direction.

What I believe God has taught us is: there is good in everyone - and everyone has the opportunity to change. I also believe, some day, my husband will realize what is the truth.

Can you explain a little more about the hadith you mentioned, including a link (if possible). As far as I know, Muslims, since the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), have been persecuted (dishonored, killed, looted etc). Therefore, are you talking about the degree of persecution we will face? So please, I need a little more clarification.

Anyways, thank you for your response. It is appreciated. Sorry about the quickness of the reply, and jumping from one topic to the next abruptly -- my daughter likes to tug at my arm (often!).

[IMG]smileys/smiley9.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley9.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by akh2014 - 19 June 2014 at 11:10pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 6:20am
Dear Akh2014, I understand you are in much haste.

You have not read the entire article :) Sister Aminah's entire family accepted Islam, including her former husband, children and parents! But
she chose the hard way because life did not leave her with an easy way.

You may not have the right to question the fatwa, but I do because I follow the Quran, and this fatwa is clearly asking one to compromise its laws. A fatwa may or may not be a binding on any muslim depending on its authenticity, but the Quran is.

Mainstream Islam and fundamentals of sharia are from the Quran and sunnah. A concept that compromises these two sources may be akin to Islam, but not Islam in its totallity. Because Islam means total submission to God, not a club anybody may join with their own unique ideas.

People new to the concept of islam may be surprised, but the religion is not about being unique, its about followership of the one messenger who God chose to convey the message - surprise people may be but supplications fair a better chance to be answered when beseached with sending blessings on the prophet, and when asked in a manner he used to ask. In every walk of life it is his way, his manner, his choices that are found most beloved and most acceptable to God. He said anyone who introduces anything new to this way of ours shall be rejected. So, a fatwa that seems to suit our need and fit snuggly for our situation, in the end of the day may not be what God wants from us.

The Quran says God created man for nothing but to worship Him - and to go into the detail of this, every act in our life can or cannot be worship depending on how we inact it.

It was not my intention to discourage you from your pursuit, but I would definitely want you to know what sacrifices it might take.

The system of reward here is tied with intention and actions, which means just one of the two will not be enough.

What you believe of God theaching us, the good in people and the opportunity to change is correct. yes, your husband has the potential to see the truth and to change, perhaps with prayers for a change of heart in him.

You know a fair deal about muslims and their religion, so please keep searching, because what you are going to do is not a simple change of life style - it will demand a lot more.

When I began to wear a hijab I did not realize how many changes there will be in my life and now that I look back this decision has completely overhauled my life. Not that I have any regrets, but it took a price ... you've got to be happy to pay a price for the sake of God and have full trust in Him that whatever He chooses is for our best, even if apparently we may not see its benefit.

I don't have a link to the hadith right now, but am going to find soon and get back to you.

I have come forthright in this post, but, with no intention of being rude or offensive, so please do not see it as such.

Pray God facilitates you with ease in your quest, ameen.

regards,
nausheen

Edited by Nausheen - 24 June 2014 at 6:24am

[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I think the trouble with Islam today is that people are making halal what has been made haram and making halal what has been made haram.

For some people any sort of Islam will do.

I always have problems with Yusuf al Qaradawi ideas. This one is just another on the list :(

[/COLOR]
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 8:17am
https://www.academia.edu/1578719/CAEIRO_The_Making_of_the_Fatwa

Edited by abuayisha - 24 June 2014 at 8:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic