IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for help!
    Posted: 08 April 2014 at 9:20am
Ok i will start by saying, this has took me along time to find somewhere were i feel i can ask for help! I feel deeply embarrassed and highly ashamed of what i am about to write.
So here goes...........

I first was interested in Islam when i was about 16/17 years old due to being in a relationship with a Muslim guy. Even though we broke up i still dressed modestly. Fast forward a few years. Ok so in 2006 i had alot of ups and downs in my life, i have struggled with mental health (bi-polar).. and a friend i had said he could make me Muslim so i agreed, he told me to say a sentence and then i would be Muslim. after this i rapidly changed i changed my name legally i completely covered up including niqab (All within a week)... By now i had no-one, my family disowned me and i had no friends at all. i was to scared to go to mosque alone. So i found a husband via single Muslims site. i didn't meet him but his sister in law. We was married within a week. i feel i just wanted help. it didn't last as i was still un medicated for my bipolar and unfortunately we divorced. after that i went back to my English ways as i felt it was all to much. OK so it has been around 5 years now i am stable with my bipolar and i keep having this yearning like something is calling me, everyday now i find myself studying more and more about Islam (properly this time) I truly feel that, that's who i am. The more i study i feel like when my friend told me to say the sentence it wasn't right. I want to go into this properly with full knowledge and be able to take my Shahada in a Masjid. I feel so disrespectful of how i have live my life. But no matter what i do i need to come home to Allah swt. I know this time id like to do it right by moving to a Muslim community so i have the support so i never let evil pull me away again. (When i tried to become Muslim previously i had very little knowledge)....

Please can anyone help.. Can i pay for my sins or will i never be accepted again?

Thank you for taking time to read this, And i appreciate and help or advice you can give.

W'Salaam
Annie
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 1:32am
Assalamalecum,u say that u returned to ur english way but if u hv not rejected Shahada, then there is room of forgiveness from Allah, bcoz Allah says in ch 4 v 48 that Allah if wants can forgive any sin but not the sin of shirk.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 3:37am
Asalaamu Alaykum

You can turn this into a positive thing because Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala loves those who repent and comes back to Him.

As for what happened in the past, accept it in your mind that it was satan who turned away from the Way of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It could be as you say that you were not ready to be a Muslim.

I would advise you to take the Shahada again with conviction and learn the words of what it means. Then there are Islamic centres that will help you In Shaa Allah. But be warned that there are people out there who call themselves Muslims but offer no help. I am saying this as you are a white English person and the masjids are frequented by mainly non Muslim folks. Don't be disheartened if some try to be difficult with you.

Islam is the only religion acceptable to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and give yourself a chance of entering Jannah by doing deeds that Pleases Him and being a good human being.

Please use this forum to ask questions even if they seem silly to you. You have nothing to be ashamed about what you wrote at the end of the day we are all human beings and we do things that are wrong and bad things happen to us all but the main thing is to rely on Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and rest assured miracles will happen and blessings will be showered upn you In Shaa Allah.
Annie86 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Asalaamu Alaykum

You can turn this into a positive thing because Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala loves those who repent and comes back to Him.

As for what happened in the past, accept it in your mind that it was satan who turned away from the Way of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It could be as you say that you were not ready to be a Muslim.

I would advise you to take the Shahada again with conviction and learn the words of what it means. Then there are Islamic centres that will help you In Shaa Allah. But be warned that there are people out there who call themselves Muslims but offer no help. I am saying this as you are a white English person and the masjids are frequented by mainly non Muslim folks. Don't be disheartened if some try to be difficult with you.

Islam is the only religion acceptable to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and give yourself a chance of entering Jannah by doing deeds that Pleases Him and being a good human being.

Please use this forum to ask questions even if they seem silly to you. You have nothing to be ashamed about what you wrote at the end of the day we are all human beings and we do things that are wrong and bad things happen to us all but the main thing is to rely on Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and rest assured miracles will happen and blessings will be showered upn you In Shaa Allah.

Asalaamu alaykum

Thank you for your kind words and advice Brother. I have spent all night reading the Holy Qur'an (still alot more to go, Alhumdullilah) and I now know Allah swt is calling me. So Insha'Allah i have emailed my local Da'wah Centre, for help.
Insha'Allah i will soon become a Muslim.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I am saying this as you are a white English person and the masjids are frequented by mainly non Muslim folks.

Abu Loren perhaps you have misstated the above?

Edited by abuayisha - 09 April 2014 at 7:10am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 7:32am
Annie welcome! I think it very important that you continue to take your medication, and seek the assistance of a good therapist who will assist you to stay on your medication and adjust your dosage as needed. Further, if not already done, the therapist can help you rebuild your relationship with your family. With respect to your religion it isn't necessary to take your shahaadah inside a mosque. You only need to start slowly learning and practicing your religion. We all fall very short of theological expectations and there is no shame, but only seeking forgiveness of our past indiscretions. Lastly, it is not necessary or advisable for you to change your name upon becoming a Muslim. It is also not mandatory that you wear a face veil (niqab).
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Annie86 Annie86 wrote:

Ok i will start by saying, this has took me along time to find somewhere were i feel i can ask for help! I feel deeply embarrassed and highly ashamed of what i am about to write.
So here goes...........

I first was interested in Islam when i was about 16/17 years old due to being in a relationship with a Muslim guy. Even though we broke up i still dressed modestly. Fast forward a few years. Ok so in 2006 i had alot of ups and downs in my life, i have struggled with mental health (bi-polar).. and a friend i had said he could make me Muslim so i agreed, he told me to say a sentence and then i would be Muslim. after this i rapidly changed i changed my name legally i completely covered up including niqab (All within a week)... By now i had no-one, my family disowned me and i had no friends at all. i was to scared to go to mosque alone. So i found a husband via single Muslims site. i didn't meet him but his sister in law. We was married within a week. i feel i just wanted help. it didn't last as i was still un medicated for my bipolar and unfortunately we divorced. after that i went back to my English ways as i felt it was all to much. OK so it has been around 5 years now i am stable with my bipolar and i keep having this yearning like something is calling me, everyday now i find myself studying more and more about Islam (properly this time) I truly feel that, that's who i am. The more i study i feel like when my friend told me to say the sentence it wasn't right. I want to go into this properly with full knowledge and be able to take my Shahada in a Masjid. I feel so disrespectful of how i have live my life. But no matter what i do i need to come home to Allah swt. I know this time id like to do it right by moving to a Muslim community so i have the support so i never let evil pull me away again. (When i tried to become Muslim previously i had very little knowledge)....

Please can anyone help.. Can i pay for my sins or will i never be accepted again?

Thank you for taking time to read this, And i appreciate and help or advice you can give.

W'Salaam
Annie

As-salaam alaikum.  You should not be worried about not being accepted by Allah (swt).  As long as you are sincere, Allah will never turn you away.

The Quran states:

"Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. "Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped." (Surah Az-Zumar, 39:53-54)

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

bayram View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2014 at 10:45am
Heloo
l am new here
Hey Annie
think that all the sins in the world is a dirt on a sparrows food, And Allah's mercy is the ocean. If that sparrow puts its food in that ocean, do you think it will still be dirty or clean. Allah tell us to be hopeful many times in Kuran. İnşallah you will be happier day by day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic