IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dua for sadness, disappointment and anxiety.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dua for sadness, disappointment and anxiety.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dua for sadness, disappointment and anxiety.
    Posted: 05 April 2014 at 10:40pm
Hello,

I have been feeling quite uneasy lately. I am constantly sad, anxious, and worrisome. I think these feelings are stemming from a recent heartbreak. The boy who I developed feelings for told me that he didn't feel the same way. I can't seem to enjoy myself or my life. Even when I busy myself or try to focus on other things, he's always in the back of my head. I am always thinking about him and it's driving me insane.

I have been praying with all my heart and have been putting my trust in God. But I still have this uneasy feeling of emptiness. I am not sure what else to do. I have been praying, I have tried to talk myself out of over-thinking but nothing is working.

If someone has any Dua's they can share with me, that would be greatly appreciated.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2014 at 8:17am
Michelle, hello and welcome! Sounds like you're doing all the right things, staying busy, attempting to mitigate the pain in your own mind, and reaching out for advice. I would only add that during these days of anguish that you eat a balanced meal and exercise. Thank Allah for the forthrightness of the guy, and perhaps great harm and suffering has been removed from your future happiness as a result. Also when we accept the decree of God and are patient, He will reward us with something better. Maybe even the person of your desire, as men are often fickle and upon reflection realize they've made a terrible miscalculation. Your pain is natural and under the circumstances unavoidable, but you will get stronger and better each day - Allah Willing. The dua below was often said by one better than us both for distress:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَالْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَضَلَعِ الدَّيْنِ وَغَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ

Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-hammi wal-Ḥuzni wal-'ajazi wal-kasli wal-bukhli wal-jubni wa ḍala'Īd-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijal.

O Allāh, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being overpowered by men.

Edited by abuayisha - 06 April 2014 at 8:18am
Aruba View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aruba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2014 at 7:54am
Asalam Alaikum Sister,

I know it will be hard to get over him, But try your best to stop thinking about him.. spend more time with ur family and keeping yourself busy ,, Also, get closer to Allah and make lots of duaa ,,, Also, don't worry about this boy,, he is not ur husband ,, overtime your feelings for him will go away..

May Allah grant u a pious, loving spouse Ameen,

This is a great supplication, recite it abundantly

La ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka, inni kuntu mina z-zalimin.
لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic