IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello there!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello there!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahl al-kitab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:00am
I have read much of the Qur'an and spent a great deal of time in Mosques and with Muslims.  My faith is not an empty religion, I don't bow to idols, neither am I a drunk, that's not the Christianity I practice.
ChrisNo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisNo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 9:02pm

I think in this day in age you cannot judge a religion by its people! Men will be men and they will be influenced by the Devil. There are good muslims, jews and christians but there are many bad.

There are many who pretend to be part of this religion or that religion but only speak words. The only answer and proof you can receive is from God himself!

Don't let me or anyone convince you, let God!

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:12am

Originally posted by Ahl al-kitab Ahl al-kitab wrote:

My wife's family used to be Hindu.  Her famther was a Hindu priest in India until he met a Christian missionary.  He (and his family) is Christian now.

I'm an angrezi Canadian.  I find it hard to say what religion I am.  I follow Jesus and believe that the Bible is God's word.  But I hate much of what people have done in the name of Christianity over the past many years, so I don't want to call myself a Christian, know what I mean?

The Quran asks the question: what was Abraham? He came before both of those religions. Then it answers that Abraham was an upright man, the friend of Allah.

I believe that God's "religion" is obedience to His will, no matter what we call it. In Arabic it is called Islam. But, it is not the name that matters, it is the principle of obedience.

I try not to be confused over religious differences and divisions. I just try to be like Abraham.

Edited by blond
Ahl al-kitab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahl al-kitab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 6:32am
I understand what you're saying and agree with you...to a point.

I agree that Abraham was a man of God and follow God in all His ways.  I'm sure we both believe the same thing about Moses, David, Jesus, et al.  Where we would run into disagreement is when we try to find out how these people expressed their love for God.  We know that the Qur'an and the Bible say some different things about these men, which one if right?  I throw my lot in with the Bible, so the view I get of Abraham and Jesus is different from the view you get.
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 7:47am

I understand what you're saying and agree with you...to a point.

I agree that Abraham was a man of God and follow God in all His ways.  I'm sure we both believe the same thing about Moses, David, Jesus, et al.  Where we would run into disagreement is when we try to find out how these people expressed their love for God.  We know that the Qur'an and the Bible say some different things about these men, which one if right?  I throw my lot in with the Bible, so the view I get of Abraham and Jesus is different from the view you get.

Thank you.

We can have differing perspectives, that is natural. Please be aware that the books of the Bible were altered for deceptive purposes by rabbinical scholars in the well documented Eccuminical Councils of Nicea and Jamnia. Some books were left out (hidden) and called the "Lost Books" of the Bible. New books were simply made up. The remaining books were altered from their original revealed text.

There is much truth in the Bible, but one must be highly schooled to be able to decern Truth from falsehood. I don't disagree with you. This is the reason Allah gave us the example of Abraham. Abraham came before Judhism and Christianity, so what was his religion? It was submission to God; in Arabic that term it is called Islam. Abraham was an upright man and the friend of God, so his example was given to foster unity between the divisions in his lineage that Allah knew was coming.

The Masons use a well-known symbol of two V's intercrossed; one upsidedown and the other rightsideup. Depending on the V's relativity, they will form the X that we place the Quran upon. The V's also form the base of the Megan Dawood.  I will use a Masonic term, because it applies to this circumstance and not to procelytize for them. The Bible is the Square (Foundation) and the Holy Quran is the Compass (that which gives proper Guidance to the deceptions in the Bible).

Edited by blond
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahl al-kitab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 7:52am
I have already been told all these things that you say about the Bible.  I simply don't believe them .  I believe that the Bible is the true word of God and although some people have twisted the words and made heretical translations, the manuscripts that we have today are right and true and pure.  I don't believe that the Jews had changed them at all.
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 7:58am

I have already been told all these things that you say about the Bible.  I simply don't believe them .  I believe that the Bible is the true word of God and although some people have twisted the words and made heretical translations, the manuscripts that we have today are right and true and pure.  I don't believe that the Jews had changed them at all.

I am not asking you to believe me. Go and study what your own Christian scholars have written concerning the compilation of the first Septuigent Greek Bible.

I have studied a long time to know what I believe. I do not blindly follow anyone. You can do as you will, I am just offering you the benefit of decades of research. You can spend the next couple of decades studying for yourself if you please.

Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahl al-kitab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:01am
I just want to clarify that I do not blindly follow any man.  I think most of the people who call themselves "Christian Scholars" have been deceived.  These scholars say that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are one, but you and I both know that this is not true.  I have studied the Greek manuscripts, I know the history of where they came from and who complied them.  I'm not ignorant here, I made it my life to study and find out what the Word of God is.  I have not always held the Bible to be true, I was an athiest for quite some time.

Anyway, on we go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic