IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Miracle of Surah 12 and 28  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miracle of Surah 12 and 28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miracle of Surah 12 and 28
    Posted: 13 March 2014 at 6:24am
Alaikkum salaam,

Indeed thos who genuinely seek knowledge and wisdom are given it. The Qur'an itself is a miracle!

Thanks for the article very enlightening.
Al-Kitab View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-Kitab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 10:17pm
Yusuf Surah 12 and Musa Surah 28 - Same story

-------------------

Selam to you all and welcome on my journey.

This will be one of many overlooked miracles in the Quran. Enjoy

May he expand your intellect and judge you accordingly.

YUSUF: father

[12.13] He said: Surely it grieves me that you should take him off, and I fear lest the wolf devour him while you are heedless of him.

MUSA Mother

[28.7] And We revealed to Musa's mothers, saying: Give him suck, then when you fear for him, cast him into the river and do not fear nor grieve; surely We will bring him back to you and make him one of the apostles."

-------------------

YUSUF narration

[12.21] And the Egyptian who bought him said to his wife: Give him an honorable abode, maybe he will be useful to us, or we may adopt him as a son. And thus did We establish Yusuf in the land and that We might teach him the interpretation of sayings; and Allah is the master of His affair, but most people do not know.

MUSA narration

[28.9] And Firon's wife said: A refreshment of the eye to me and to you; do not slay him; maybe he will be useful to us, or we may take him for a son; and they did not perceive.

-------------------

YUSUF knowledge

[12.22] And when he had attained his maturity, We gave him wisdom and knowledge: and thus do We reward those who do good.

MUSA knowledge

[28:14]- And when he attained his maturity and became full grown, We granted him wisdom and knowledge; and thus do We reward those who do good (to others).

-------------------

YUSUF tested and seeks refuge

[12.23] And she in whose house he was sought to make himself yield (to her), and she made fast the doors and said: Come forward. He said: I seek Allah's refuge, surely my Lord made good my abode: Surely the unjust do not prosper.

MUSA tested seeks refuge

[28.16-17] He said: My Lord! surely I have done harm to myself, so do Thou protect me. So He protected him; surely He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. He said: My Lord! because Thou hast bestowed a favor on me, I shall never be a backer of the guilty.

-------------------

YUSUF False Accusation

[12.25] And they both hastened to the door, and she rent his shirt from behind and they met her husband at the door. She said: What is the punishment of him who intends evil to your wife except imprisonment or a painful chastisement?
[12.28-29] So when he saw his shirt torn from the back he said "Indeed, it is your pot. Indeed your plot is great. O Yusuf! turn aside from this! ask forgiveness for your fault, surely you are one of the wrong-doers.

MUSA False Accusation

[28.19] So when he desired to seize him who was an enemy to them both, he said: O Musa! do you intend to kill me as you killed a person yesterday? You desire nothing but that you should be a tyrant in the land, and you do not desire to be of those who act aright.

-------------------

YUSUF prayed to be removed from them

[12.33] He said: My Lord! the prison house is dearer to me than that to which they invite me; and if Thou turn not away their device from me, I will yearn towards them and become (one) of the ignorant.

MUSA prayed to removed from them

[28.21-22] So he went forth therefrom, fearing, awaiting, (and) he said: My Lord! deliver me from the unjust people. And when he turned his face towards Madyan, he said: Maybe my Lord will guide me in the right path.

-------------------

YUSUF two youths

[12.36] And two youths entered the prison with him. One of them said: I saw myself pressing wine. And the other said: I saw myself carrying bread on my head, of which birds ate. Inform us of its interpretation; surely we see you to be of the doers of good.

MUSA two women

[28.23] And when he came to the water of Madyan, he found on it a group of men watering, and he found besides them two women keeping back (their flocks). He said: What is the matter with you? They said: We cannot water until the shepherds take away (their sheep) from the water, and our father is a very old man.

-------------------

YUSUF helped (in their enquiries)

[12.41] O my two mates of the prison! as for one of you, he shall give his lord to drink wine; and as for the other, he shall be crucified, so that the birds shall eat from his head, the matter is decreed concerning which you inquired.

MUSA helped (gave the a hand)

[28.24] So he watered (their sheep) for them, then went back to the shade and said: My Lord! surely I stand in need of whatever good Thou mayest send down to me.

-------------------

YUSUF One of the two returned to help him

[12.45] And of the two (prisoners) he who had found deliverance and remembered after a long time said: I will inform you of its interpretation, so let me go:

MUSA One of the two returned to help him

[28.25] Then one of the two women came to him walking bashfully. She said: My father invites you that he may give you the reward of your having watered for us. So when he came to him and gave to him the account, he said: Fear not, you are secure from the unjust people.

-------------------

YUSUF Employed because of assistance

[12.55] He said: Place me (in authority) over the treasures of the land, surely I am a good keeper, knowing well.

MUSA Employed because of assistance

[28.26] Said one of them: O my father! employ him, surely the best of those that you can employ is the strong man, the faithful one.

------------------

YUSUF Brothers (from his past)

[12.58] And Yusuf's brothers came and went in to him, and he knew them, while they did not recognize him.

MUSA Firon (from his past)

[28.36] So when Musa came to them with Our clear signs, they said: This is nothing but forged enchantment, and we never heard of it amongst our fathers of old.

-------------------

YUSUF The challenge (from Yusuf)

[12.59-60] And when he furnished them with their provision, he said: Bring to me a brother of yours from your father; do you not see that I give full measure and that I am the best of hosts? But if you do not bring him to me, you shall have no measure (of corn) from me, nor shall you come near me.

MUSA The challenge (from Firon)

[28.38] And Firon said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me, O Haman, for brick, then prepare for me a lofty building so that I may obtain knowledge of Musa's God, and most surely I think him to be one of the liars.

-------------------

YUSUF Enter from different gates

[12.66] He said: I will by no means send him with you until you give me a firm covenant in Allah's name that you will most certainly bring him back to me, unless you are completely surrounded. And when they gave him their covenant, he said: Allah is the One in Whom trust is placed as regards what we say.

MUSA Western side

[28.44] And you were not on the western side when We revealed to Musa the commandment, and you were not among the witnesses;
[28.46] And you were not on this side of the mountain when We called, but a mercy from your Lord that you may warn a people to whom no warner came before you, that they may be mindful.

-------------------

YUSUF Disaster at their own hands (from previous lies)
AND a Prophet (Yaqoub) given knowledge that people didn't know

[12.68] And when they had entered as their father had bidden them, it did not avail them aught against Allah, but (it was only) a desire in the soul of Yaqoub which he satisfied; and surely he was possessed of knowledge because We had given him knowledge, but most people do not know.

MUSA Disaster at their own hands
AND a Prophet given knowledge that people didn't know

[28.47] And were it not that there should befall them a disaster for what their hands have sent before, then they should say: Our Lord! why didst Thou not send to us an apostle so that we should have followed Thy communications and been of the believers !

-------------------

YUSUF Brother is mentioned

[12.69] And when they went in to Yusuf. he lodged his brother with himself, saying: I am your brother, therefore grieve not at what they do.

MUSA Brother is mentioned

[28.48] But (now) when the truth has come to them from Us, they say: Why is he not given the like of what was given to Musa? What! did they not disbelieve in what Musa was given before? They say: Two magicians backing up each other; and they say: Surely we are unbelievers in all.

-------------------

YUSUF Leaving idle talk to the judgment of Allah

[12.77] They said: If he steal, a brother of his did indeed steal before; but Yusuf kept it secret in his heart and did not disclose it to them. He said: You are in an evil condition and Allah knows best what you state.

MUSA Leaving idle talk to the judgment of Allah

[28.55] And when they hear idle talk they turn aside from it and say: We shall have our deeds and you shall have your deeds; peace be on you, we do not desire the ignorant.

-------------------

YUSUF By no means depart the land (Brother)

[12.80] Then when they despaired of him, they retired, conferring privately together. The eldest of them said: Do you not know that your father took from you a covenant in Allah's name, and how you fell short of your duty with respect to Yusuf before? Therefore I will by no means depart from this land until my father permits me or Allah decides for me, and He is the best of the judges:

MUSA We shall be carried off from our country

[28.57] And they say: If we follow the guidance with you, we shall be carried off from our country. What ! have We not settled them in a safe, sacred territory to which fruits of every kind shall be drawn?-- a sustenance from Us; but most of them do not know.

-------------------

YUSUF Town

[12.81-82] Go back to your father and say: O our father! surely your son committed theft, and we do not bear witness except to what we have known, and we could not keep watch over the unseen: And inquire in the town in which we were and the caravan with which we proceeded, and most surely we are truthful.

MUSA Town

[28.58] And how many a town have We destroyed which exulted in its means of subsistence, so these are their abodes, they have not been dwelt in after them except a little, and We are the inheritors,

After here it can be further linked but a major space occurs so I decided not to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic