IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shamimuhammed View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamimuhammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!
    Posted: 30 March 2014 at 7:43pm
 what will happen when you die. the detailed journey of your soul after death. Remember death often. And pray to Allah to take care of your soul and to guide it. http://www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2014/01/13/full-detailed-set-journey-of-the-soul-abu-muadh-taqweem-aslam/
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamimuhammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 7:39pm
And here is a very important lesson which teaches us the fundamentals of this religion. matters of Creed. the usool of this deen. a must studied. its in mp3. but if you prefer reading, then you can download the pdf in the page.

http://www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2013/12/12/qawaid-al-arbaa-the-four-principles-rayaan-barker/
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamimuhammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 7:36pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 3:06am
Originally posted by walkwithgrace walkwithgrace wrote:

However, I still felt a longing. Almost like I was still searching for something. I just didn't know what that something was. I started researching other religions at first just due to curiosity. I studied the Book of Mormon which I was hesitant on and then eventually started studying Islam. I began reading the Quran (and I have quite a long way to go before finishing it) and started praying to Allah. I can't give a reason why - I simply don't know why - but when I prayed to Allah I would say "If Islam is the truth, please open my heart to it. If it is not, close my heart to it." The more I am learning, the more I am drawn to it.

The reason you are drawn to Islam is because God is calling you. He guides whom He wills to a Straight Path. I too was a former Christian but I never felt that God could come down from heaven as a man and live among us then sacrifice Himself for mankid.

The Qur'an is the Words of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala maker of  heaven and earth and all this is in between.

My advise to you would be to not to listen to other people but to learn about God and His creation by yourself. This is because people could give you the wrong information and you would be looking at the wrong places.

Allah Subhana Wa ta'ala calls people to Himself and many do not heed His calling and lose out and spend eternity in hell fire.

However, the only thing anyone around me believes is that Muslims are terrorists and bad people. They say that the Quran encourages Muslims to kill non-Muslims. They believe that Islam is a false religion and that the majority of Muslims are terrorists and radicalists. While i haven't read the entire Quran so I can't comment on that but I don't believe that all Muslims are evil. Sure there are terrorists and radicals but that isn't everyone.

Yes indeed, Islam and Muslims have a 'bad press' recently and this prejudice would not go away any time soon. But know also that not ALL Muslims are good, there are people walking around today who calls themselves Muslims but they are not. What I mean is that to be a Muslim one needs to believe in the Oneness of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala, believe in the Day of Resurrection, His angels, His books, His Prophets and Messengers, Pre-destination etc. Also a believer must pray five times a day, give charity (basically practice the five pillars of Islam).

I am also worried. I think deep down there is a part of me that is thinking "What if they are right? What if, when I die, I learn that everyone else what right? What if I go to hell?" I have no idea what to do. The more I learn about Islam, the more I am drawn to it but I feel like I am in a tough spot. I have no idea what to do and quite honestly i'm not even sure what i am asking. Any thoughts, advice, support would be very much appreciated! Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get all of that out!

I would urge you to search for people who have converted to Islam from Christianity, you can do this on Youtube as there are people who has testimonies there that may help. May be their situations are similar to yours and may be it would be easier for you to relate to them.

I would advise you to search for people like Abdur Rahman Green, Yusef Estes, and the Deen Show. For learning about Islam I recommend Mufti Ismail Menk of Zimbabwe.

Keep reading and learing the Qur'an as I am convinced it is from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala God Almighty.

Edited by Abu Loren - 14 March 2014 at 6:06am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 1:06am
Assalamalecum,a muslim is a person who submits his will to Allah.a person can't b a muslim by just having arabic or persian name.u say u r reading Quran.MashaAllah, so u might hv gone thru this ch 5 v 32-Allah says that if u kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if u hv killed whole humanity, if u save an innocent human being means as if u hv saved whole humanity.Allah in ch 28 v 83 says Allah will grant home of hereafter only to those who don't want mischief on the land.so a person following the above verses is a muslim.those who coz harm to innocents are dwellers of hell unless they repent or sway to right path.sister islam is the true religion, read Quran fully and then think.Also show the truth of Quran to those who say the above things to u.tell them to know islam read Quran don't look at the followers, Islam is perfect Muslims are not.Allah in Quran in ch 4 v 124 says any person who has faith in Allah and does good deeds b it man or women will enter heaven.Allah in ch 4 v 48 n v 116 says Allah if want can forgive any sin butnot the sin of associating partners with Allah.Allah in ch 103 v 1-4 says with token of time man is in state of loss except those who hv faith, good deeds, resorting people to truth, resorting people to patience and perseverance. Many scholars regards these as 4 things to enter heaven.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 9:11pm
Greetings walkwithgrace,

My only advice would be to do exactly the same as you did with the Bible...
Read the Qur'an.
Keep seeking quiet time with God asking Him to reveal to you the Truth.

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord

Be still and know...

'in quietness ye shall find Me'

May God bless you, and may you find the peace you are looking for,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 13 March 2014 at 9:12pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 3:06pm

I'm not sure if this is in the correct place and I apologize if it is not! I am in desperate need of advice and guidance. This could be a pretty long post but I would like to explain my experiences in the hopes that people will understand everything.
To start off with I was raised in a non-religious Christian home. My parents raised my sister and I as Christians but we didn't go to a church. Basically if you asked my parents if they were Christian they would say "Yes" but they don't belong to any organized religion or go to church at all. That is fine with me. To each his own as far as I am concerned. I had a very happy childhood. My parents actually sent my sister and I to a Catholic sunday school (it was called CCD but I can't remember what that stands for.) We only went for a few months and to be honest I don't remember anything they taught us. I was baptized as a Catholic as a child (along with my sister). My father was raised as a Catholic and even though they didn't attend church they obviously felt it was important enough for my sister and I to be baptized. I apologize if that is not the proper terminology for it but it was so long ago. I clearly remember my beautiful white dress and having to memorize various prayers. However because I was 10-years-old or so I didn't really grasp the concept of anything. Ironically, shortly after baptism my family moved away from the area to a different state and that was the end of any type of church attendance.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago. I have been on what I call a spiritual journey for the past 2 years. My friends at work all attend a Baptist church and with their encouragement, I started to attend. I loved the church, its members, and the feeling I would get being around friendly, wonderful people. After attending the required classes I was baptized into the Baptist Church. Until this point I had never actually read the bible. The baptist church I attended claimed to preach the Word of God and live according to the teachings of the bible and I took them at their word. One day I said to myself "How do I know they are truly living according to the word of God if I have never read them for myself?" It was then that I started my spiritual journey. I read the King James Version of the Bible front to back. After what I read, I decided to leave the Baptist church. I actually started attending a conservative Mennonite church. When I say conservative I mean VERY conservative. Cape dresses, headcoverings (known as kapps) for the women, black cars only. The people their lived their lives word for word according to the Bible which is what I had been looking for.

However, I still felt a longing. Almost like I was still searching for something. I just didn't know what that something was. I started researching other religions at first just due to curiosity. I studied the Book of Mormon which I was hesitant on and then eventually started studying Islam. I began reading the Quran (and I have quite a long way to go before finishing it) and started praying to Allah. I can't give a reason why - I simply don't know why - but when I prayed to Allah I would say "If Islam is the truth, please open my heart to it. If it is not, close my heart to it." The more I am learning, the more I am drawn to it.

However, the only thing anyone around me believes is that Muslims are terrorists and bad people. They say that the Quran encourages Muslims to kill non-Muslims. They believe that Islam is a false religion and that the majority of Muslims are terrorists and radicalists. While i haven't read the entire Quran so I can't comment on that but I don't believe that all Muslims are evil. Sure there are terrorists and radicals but that isn't everyone.

I am also worried. I think deep down there is a part of me that is thinking "What if they are right? What if, when I die, I learn that everyone else what right? What if I go to hell?" I have no idea what to do. The more I learn about Islam, the more I am drawn to it but I feel like I am in a tough spot. I have no idea what to do and quite honestly i'm not even sure what i am asking. Any thoughts, advice, support would be very much appreciated! Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to get all of that out!

As-salaam alaikum and welcome to the forum.  I am glad that you are interested in Islam and your questions reflect your sincerity. 

The most important thing is not let ignorant, prejudiced people influence your thinking.  People often fear what they don't understand and many people in western countries do not understand Islam.  They have never actually studied the religion or read the Quran, so why would their opinions mean anything?  You should drown out such voices and not let their ignorance influence you.  It was the same when you were a Baptist.  You accepted what you were told even though you had never read the Bible.  Once you did read the Bible, there was a problem.  It's the same with the people telling you that Islam is bad.  They don't know what they are talking about. 

Allah (swt) is calling you.  So, my advice is for you to keep going on the path you are on.  Listen to your intuition and continue researching Islam.  Reading the Quran and the Sunnah is a good start.     

I hope this helps. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic