IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Took Shahada, now doubts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Took Shahada, now doubts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulghafaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Took Shahada, now doubts
    Posted: 05 March 2014 at 8:53pm
Hello,

I'm a very new revert.  I took my Shahada yesterday after spending the last couple months reading about Islam.  I was talking to a friend and they brought up about going that night and I agreed.  I met with an Imam and had witnesses but was not 100% sure when saying it.   I thought I wanted to.. but now I'm having doubts about whether I was sincere in my heart.  If I come to the conclusion wasn't sincere and still unsure and having doubts but want to still research more before coming to a conclusion again, does it mean I've committed apostasy if I say I'm not a muslim?  I'm a little worried now because I'm just lost.

Thank you for any help.
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:08pm
Salam.

Welcome to ICforum.
Regarding the doubts, keep resarching, may God almighty guide and make it clear and easy for you. Amiin.

Admin
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by abdulghafaar abdulghafaar wrote:

Hello,

I'm a very new revert.  I took my Shahada yesterday after spending the last couple months reading about Islam.  I was talking to a friend and they brought up about going that night and I agreed.  I met with an Imam and had witnesses but was not 100% sure when saying it.   I thought I wanted to.. but now I'm having doubts about whether I was sincere in my heart.  If I come to the conclusion wasn't sincere and still unsure and having doubts but want to still research more before coming to a conclusion again, does it mean I've committed apostasy if I say I'm not a muslim?  I'm a little worried now because I'm just lost.

Thank you for any help.
I think you rushed into it or pressured into it as i can understand this as I too was pressured but I took my time until I was sure 100%.

I don't know if you want to take my word for it but Islam is from God, no doubt about it. Taking the Shahada and becoming a Muslim was the best decision I ever made in my miserable life because this is the only religion now recognised by God.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 12:14pm
Assalamalecum, Allah in Quran in ch 3 v 86-90 clearly mentions that Allahwill not guide those who reject faith after accepting it, brother u r on right path, I suggest u that u shud praise Allah more, keep the words of Shahadah in ur mind most of the times, bcoz Allah in ch 13 v 28 that verily the heart finds peace in remembrance of Allah.
abdulghafaar View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulghafaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 5:14pm
Thank you for your replies, I will pray and seek guidance.  It's all very new still and something unexpected, I'm thinking its either a test or I'm being deceived away from the truth.  Either way I will take the advice given.

Jazak Allah Khayran
Janissary7 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janissary7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 7:52am
Just pray to allah... let your douts go away..
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 8:53am
Originally posted by abdulghafaar abdulghafaar wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for any help.

As Salaamu Alaykum - Abdulghafaar , With all do respect when one accept any religion , Be it be , Christ-ism , Jew-ism , Islam , One must have a full overstanding of that religion , Meaning one should know , research the history / Cultures / Language / way of life / dress Etc etc of that religion . The Imaams should have explain all this before you took your Sahahada . Becaue Islam is a way of life , Meaning 365 days a years everyday . Not something  you put on and then take it off like a hat/ coat . Like christian do on Sunday morning . If your Heart / Soul / Mind , is not in it your wasteing your time playing muslims , again I mean no disrespect here . Remember  Allah  is the All Knowing And Wise . .......

Edited by Al Saadiqeen21 - 15 April 2014 at 4:10am
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic