IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Brief History of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Brief History of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fatah-Momin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatah-Momin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Brief History of Islam
    Posted: 21 January 2006 at 1:02pm
Hazrat Ameer Maveeyah(ra) advice his son Yazeed

However, none of the books relating the tragic event contains a single expression clearly stating that those two Khal�fas were smeared with the blessed blood of Hadrat Husayn. Not even the vaguest implication that Hadrat Mu��wiya might have had to do with the martyrdom of Hadrat Husayn has been witnessed throughout the literature assigned to the event, let alone a clear statement that it was done by his order. What is unanimously stated (by all books and scholars) is that the martyrdom of Hadrat Husayn did not take place during the caliphate of Hadrat Mu��wiya. Molla B�qir Mejl�s�,[shia scholar] whose name is mentioned above, relates Hadrat Mu��wiya�s last advice to his son Yaz�d as he was dying, as follows:

�You know what relation Im�m Husayn �radiy-All�hu �anh� is to the Messenger of Allah. He is a part from the beloved Prophet�s blessed body. He is an offspring from the flesh and blood of that most honourable person. I understand that the inhabitants of Iraq invite him to go there and be with them. But they will not help him; they will leave him alone. If he should fall into your hands, behave in appreciation of his value! Remember the closeness and affection of the Messenger of Allah �sall-All�hu �alaihi wa sallam� to him! Do not get back at him for his behaviour! Mind you don�t break the substantial ties I have established between him and us! Be extra careful lest you should hurt or offend him!� This advice of Hadrat Mu��wiya�s to (his son) Yaz�d is written in the three hundred and twenty-first (321) page of the book Jil�-ul�uy�n, which was written by Muhammad B�qir bin Murtad� Fayz� Khoras�n�, a Shiite leader, who is better known with his nickname Molla Muhsin. He died in 1091 [1679 A.D.].
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:10am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

I dont have any objection to what you are posting i actualy told you i am not even reading it, but due to your lack of fluency in the english language it took me 6 posts to finaly find out where you are getting the material from.

a simple example

this is only an humble effort to expose the muslims to other version of Islamic history

to your mind you are saying you want to teach the non arabic muslims the history of Islam, but for a western person reading this sentence above you are actualy saying that people have been propogating a wrong version of Sunni Islamic history and you are trying to show the true version of Sunni islamic history.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatah-Momin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 4:43pm

No this is not shia refutation this is only an humble effort to expose the muslims to other version of Islamic history which has obscured by the vested interest, if you or any one else take it in a different direction, then it depends on each individual and not one me.

As far as who is getting the original information, most of it I get directly and like I said some I get translated, if you have objection to the content, please present your argument to the contrary and if I have knowledge to answer inshallah I will repond, I have been through many threads on this board and site, never have I seen such cross examination of the content as you are doing to this thread, is there a reason for it? This is a debate forum every one has right to present their views in a civil manner and I have maintained such behavior.

It is your scrutiny of this thread that is puzzeling and unprecedent, why do you not do the reasearch on your own and then get back to me. I think this is a tactic on your behalf to deviate the thread off the course.

I have not broken any site rules neither have I been rude to any one and this site claim to representing tolerant and liberal Islam, then why all of sudden such exteremisn?

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:05am

If this work is mainly a shia refutation than i think it belongs in the intrafaith section which is for shia sunni dialogue.

can you please confirm or deny that you are the one getting the information from all the different sources, i am not talking about translating here just simply who is getting the information from the original source.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatah-Momin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 9:25am

Most of the sources on the links are shia Sources that have been quoted for example:

Al-Shafi/Al-Kafi
Page#140 Book of Imaan and Kufar Vol:IV
Imam Abu Abdullah[AS] said: "Taqeeyah [to lie] is 90% of the deen[religion] and one who does not use Taqeeyah has no deen[religion], lie is in every thing other than Nabeez [wine of barley] and Masah over leather socks"

On this particular link it quote exclusively from shia sources only about the corruption[naouzobillah] of Quran,

http://www.kr-hcy.com/board/hcf/index.php?showtopic=1039

Edited by Fatah-Momin
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 9:17pm

Is this a shia or sunni work, i know you are quoting sunni scholars but shia do this to prove there point. I havnt been reading this which is why i am asking.

Edited by rami

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatah-Momin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 9:04pm

I have posted this work all over the net, no I have not compiled the work, it is a good idea though. Here are the links to some of the work that I have collected:

http://www.shani.offlife-hosting.com/board/index.php?showfor um=32

http://www.kr-hcy.com/board/hcf/index.php?showforum=44

here is my one of the best collection of shia beliefs about Quran

http://www.kr-hcy.com/board/hcf/index.php?showtopic=1039

Edited by Fatah-Momin
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 6:53am

so more acuratly it should be

Otherwise you personaly are reading tabari and ibn hajar etc, meaning there original works are in front of you and you personaly are quoting from there works directly which you get your friend to translate into english for you.

So you are the one compiling the information from the works of these scholars but using your friend to translate arabic to english.

are these works of tabari and ibn hajar ie the clasical scholars online or do you have copies your self, if online im interested in getting access to them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic