IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1948 Creation & Catastrophe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 Creation & Catastrophe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Is there a nation on earth where people have not suffered loss due to war at one time or another?
asalaam.

I wonder if you were in their position, woulld you follow your own advice.

I have said before...
I have lost everything unjustly in my life...
I chose to recover...
to devote my energies to starting new... not in fighting the past, and living a life of destruction and desolation.  I took my energy, picked myself by my frayed bootstraps, and built new.
Salaam.

note:  I wonder, what have you lost in your life, as you sit in judgement, accusing others of hypocrisy?  Easy for those to egg on the battle, who aren't engaged in the war.... when they sit from a comfortable distance.

Edited by Caringheart - 27 February 2014 at 7:50pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 8:22pm

Is there a nation on earth where people have not suffered loss due to war at one time or another?
asalaam.

I wonder if you were in their position, woulld you follow your own advice.

I have said before...
I chose to recover...
to devote my energies to starting new... not in fighting the past, and living a life of destruction and desolation.  I took my energy, picked myself by my frayed bootstraps, and built new.
Salaam.

note:  I wonder, what have you lost in your life, as you sit in judgement, accusing others of hypocrisy?  Easy for those to egg on the battle, who aren't engaged in the war.... when they sit from a comfortable distance.

Hah!  You accuse me of "sitting in judgment" when I am not the one asking the victims of war crimes to "recover" and "not fight the past"!  I don't know your personal story but I doubt that what you have suffered is akin to the suffering of multiple generations of Palestinians or any other group of people that have been victimized.  I doubt that victims of the Holocaust can be compared to your struggles.  You have to be pretty arrogant to "sit in judgment" and ask people who have suffered inhuman tortures to simply "recover".  I asked you before.  How exactly are the Palestinians supposed to "recover", especially in the atmosphere of the brutal Israeli occupation and settler violence?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 8:37pm

I have said before...
I chose to recover...
Salaam.

You do judge.  You do not listen.  You do not know me.  You have no idea.
As I asked... have you ever suffered loss?

Here are a few entries from my personal journal to help you, maybe, understand... if you can lay aside your animosity and really listen.

�Every day, in life, is beautiful�

- Alice Herz-Sommer, the world�s oldest holocaust survivor

How can someone who has seen the worst of mankind hold onto this view
� more important� why can I not?

Therefore fear not when pain and tribulation loom before you,
when the wild ocean waves threaten to turn and engulf your little ship.
- Christian Metz, 1825

~ seasons change, so do I ~

Wait on the LORD:
be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.
  -  Psalm 27:14

Sometimes, just when the wind turns coldest, if we will just wait�
the cloud passes, and the sun returns�
and warmth.   -  C.Lynn

~ the battle�s not over,
till I get home ~

Continue the battle, withstand all suffering and trial, survive until the end;
then you will receive the crown of honor. � Johann Friedrich Rock, 1741

These are only the recent ones.

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 27 February 2014 at 8:39pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2014 at 8:16am
http://www.codepink4peace.org/article.php?id=6636
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2014 at 10:38am
Islamispeace wrote: Here is a little bedtime reading...

Really, that's the best you could do? I could easily come up with atrocities committed by individual Israeli Jews and even the Israeli Government which are many times worse than your examples.

I don't think any of the issues raised in your links requires a rebuttal. If those are the worse examples of behavior you can come up with, then clearly your opinion of the Israeli government is much more favourable than my opinion. I think you should expect a much higher standard of behavior out of the Israeli government than you apparently do.

Edited by Reepicheep - 28 February 2014 at 11:02am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 10:36am

I have said before...
I chose to recover...
Salaam.

You do judge.  You do not listen.  You do not know me.  You have no idea.
As I asked... have you ever suffered loss?

Here are a few entries from my personal journal to help you, maybe, understand... if you can lay aside your animosity and really listen.

�Every day, in life, is beautiful�

- Alice Herz-Sommer, the world�s oldest holocaust survivor

How can someone who has seen the worst of mankind hold onto this view
� more important� why can I not?

Therefore fear not when pain and tribulation loom before you,
when the wild ocean waves threaten to turn and engulf your little ship.
- Christian Metz, 1825

~ seasons change, so do I ~

Wait on the LORD:
be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.
  -  Psalm 27:14

Sometimes, just when the wind turns coldest, if we will just wait�
the cloud passes, and the sun returns�
and warmth.   -  C.Lynn

~ the battle�s not over,
till I get home ~

Continue the battle, withstand all suffering and trial, survive until the end;
then you will receive the crown of honor. � Johann Friedrich Rock, 1741

These are only the recent ones.

asalaam.

You think that because you have suffered loss, that gives you the right to judge those who have suffered even more?  Show me one person in this world who has NOT suffered some sort of loss? 

You asked me if I have suffered loss.  Of course I have!  All of us have!  I loved my grandfather.  I didn't even know when he died overseas because my parents did not tell me until 6 years later when I found out by accident.  A couple of years before his death, one of my uncles had died.  As I was only 10 years old, I didn't take the death very well. So, I guess my parents were afraid that if they told me about my grandfather, my reaction would be one of devastation.  Every person who has ever lived has suffered some sort of loss.  You are not unique. 

My point is that I am not the one judging Palestinians and urging them to "recover".  I don't presume to tell people who have suffered much more than I could ever imagine to "recover".  In fact, whenever I feel like things are not going right in my life, I always remind myself that I have no right to complain.  People living in Africa, Asia and other places have it much worse, and yet they are enduring, so why can't I? 

Like I said, I don't know you or what you have gone through, but I don't tell you to get over it.  You are the one saying that about the Palestinians.  You said some incredibly dumb things about the whole conflict.  You were refuted yet you have yet to say "yes, I was wrong".  You claimed that the Arabs started the 1948 war.  You were refuted.  Your fellow hypocrite, reepicheep, questioned whether the Palestinians had been ethnically-cleansed.  He was refuted.  Yet, neither one of you has the integrity to say "yes, I was wrong".  Instead, you have tried to change the subject or try to put yourself in a moral position to judge others. 

If you think that you have the right to judge the Palestinians, then I recommend that you go to the Gaza Strip or the West Bank and live there for a few years and see how you like it.  I frankly doubt that your attitude will be the same if you were to lose your entire family to a missile attack or see your all your crops burned by violent settlers.  You are the one "sitting in judgment", not me.  You are a shameless hypocrite. 

You still have not answered my question: how exactly are the Palestinians supposed to "recover"?  Any bright ideas?  It's easy to say stuff.  It's quite another to say something that will make a difference. 

Edited by islamispeace - 01 March 2014 at 10:50am
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Islamispeace wrote: Here is a little bedtime reading...

Really, that's the best you could do? I could easily come up with atrocities committed by individual Israeli Jews and even the Israeli Government which are many times worse than your examples.

I don't think any of the issues raised in your links requires a rebuttal. If those are the worse examples of behavior you can come up with, then clearly your opinion of the Israeli government is much more favourable than my opinion. I think you should expect a much higher standard of behavior out of the Israeli government than you apparently do.

This is a typical response from you.  You don't even realize the utter st**idity and irony of your response.  First, let me just say that for you to think that Israel's crippling blockade of Gaza and the toll it is taking on the children is not the worst "example of behavior", then you are one sick person.  To quote one of the links:

"The statistics gathered on children�half of Gaza�s population is under the age of 17�are increasingly grim. About 45 percent of children in Gaza have iron deficiency from a lack of fruit and vegetables, and 18 percent have stunted growth."

The other example of Israel's continuing criminal practices is the destruction of Bedouin homes.  That also does not seem to bother you.  Settler violence against Palestinian farmers and the Israeli government's refusal to stop it does not seem to bother you.

But what is most ironic about your reply is that you think that Israel has committed far worse crimes!  If that is the case, which I agree it is, then why have you thus far been making excuses for Israel?  Why have you been denying that Israel is guilty of ethnic cleansing?  What kind of a person are you?

By the way, I saw your thread on your congregation's donations to Syria.  Great work!  I don't mean to impugn your efforts, but I would just like to ask: has your congregation sent any aid to the Palestinians?  Any aid to the West Bank or the Gaza Strip?  If so, well done!  If not, why? 

The mosques in my area have sent aid all over the world, from Haiti to Syria.  One mosque also has an annual program during Christmas to collect toys and clothing to give to the local churches to distribute to needy families during the holidays.   

Edited by islamispeace - 01 March 2014 at 10:52am

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 11:20am
Islamispeace, your posts do contain elements of truth, but alas, the truth is hidden by half truths, outright lies, and irrational conclusions.

For example, you condemn Israel for the (supposedly) "crippling blockade" of Gaza. But doesn't Egypt also share a border with Gaza? Isn't Egypt, too, guilty of blockading Gaza? Doesn't every one of the claims you make against Israel (whether true or false) also apply to Egypt? Why do you condemn Israel but not Egypt?

If there are particular topics you wish to discuss (for example, Gaza), then I suggest you open new threads dedicated to those topics, and depending on how rational your points are, I'll consider making reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic