IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1948 Creation & Catastrophe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 Creation & Catastrophe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Abuayisha wrote: ...what is taking place today inside Israel?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Things have been fairly quiet in Israel in recent years. Off hand, I can't think of any problems within Israel which are significantly worse than the normal problems other countries of the world have. Israel is certainly calmer than their surrounding neighbours such as Egypt, Lebanon, Gaza, Syria, and the West Bank.

Can you be more specific?

Here is a little bedtime reading:

http://www.alternet.org/story/113143/israel%27s_%27crime_against_humanity%27

http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/blog/new-york-jews-challenge-michael-oren-to-halt-bedouin-displacement-at-0

http://www.btselem.org/settler_violence

I wonder how you would react if you had to experience what the Palestinians have been experiencing for more than 60 years.  I am sure the hypocrite in you would be flabbergasted and angry if someone damaged your property and demolished your home.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Ilan Pappe

"Intimate and strong friendships with Palestinians and the newly declassified material in the archives
produced my new look at the 1948 war."

Great post!  Short and pointless! 

What's your point?  You tried to excuse the ethnic cleansing of Palestine.  You were refuted and exposed as a shameless hypocrite who talks "love and peace" but who then tries to excuse crimes against humanity when it involves Israel.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Ilan Pappe
"Intimate and strong friendships with Palestinians and the newly declassified material in the archives

What's your point?  You tried to excuse the ethnic cleansing of Palestine.  You were refuted and exposed as a shameless hypocrite who talks "love and peace" but who then tries to excuse crimes against humanity when it involves Israel.   

Greetings islam...,

You really should look to see what it is that has you so hate filled and see what you might do about it. Confused

The point was...
you posted a link...
I read the link...
I found the link helpful...
I pointed out that things have come to light in the last few years, so the picture is changing...

You decided to display hatred towards me. Ermm

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 27 February 2014 at 4:06pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 4:12pm

I wonder how you would react if you had to experience what the Palestinians have been experiencing for more than 60 years.  I am sure the hypocrite in you would be flabbergasted and angry if someone damaged your property and demolished your home.

Why do some people insist on acting as though no one else has ever been through a war, lost land, homes, and life?  Why have other people decided to recover?  Is there a nation on earth where people have not suffered loss due to war at one time or another?
asalaam.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 6:20pm

...they just need to be held accountable to good high standards.

Yes, very true, which is why many of the fiercest critics of the occupation are the Jewish people themselves. Because they realize when the Israeli army control even the caloric count , starving the people of Gaza, of Palestinian Muslims and Christians, that this injustice smacks of the same treatment Jews suffered in the ghetto of Warsaw. Indeed we join with all people of moral conscious to hold Israel to good high standards.

Edited by abuayisha - 27 February 2014 at 6:25pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 7:28pm

Ilan Pappe

Greetings islam...,

You really should look to see what it is that has you so hate filled and see what you might do about it. Confused

The point was...
you posted a link...
I read the link...
I found the link helpful...
I pointed out that things have come to light in the last few years, so the picture is changing...

You decided to display hatred towards me. Ermm

Salaam,
Caringheart

Yes, I do hate phonies and hypocrites!  Big%20smile

Anyway, are you saying that you were mistaken about the 1948 war and that you have been biased about the whole conflict?  Yes or no?

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 7:35pm

Why do some people insist on acting as though no one else has ever been through a war, lost land, homes, and life?  Why have other people decided to recover?  Is there a nation on earth where people have not suffered loss due to war at one time or another?
asalaam.

Oh well.  I just asked whether you felt that you were biased about the conflict and I guess we have the answer. 

Instead of acknowledging that the Palestinians have a legitimate grievance against Israel, you try to shamelessly suggest that they should just forgive and forget.  How exactly are the Palestinians supposed "to recover"?  I wonder if you were in their position, woulld you follow your own advice.  Hypocrisy is an ugly thing!

I call on any Christian on this forum who is not blinded by self-righteous hypocrisy to make their voices heard.  I know you are out there.  We have already seen that many Jews have opposed Zionism.  Indeed, Zionism is not synonymous with Judaism.  There are many good Jewish people who have spoken out against the crimes of the Israeli state, just as there are many good Muslims who have spoken out against the violence perpetrated against innocent Jews.   

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

...they just need to be held accountable to good high standards.

Yes, very true, which is why many of the fiercest critics of the occupation are the Jewish people themselves. Because they realize when the Israeli army control even the caloric count , starving the people of Gaza, of Palestinian Muslims and Christians, that this injustice smacks of the same treatment Jews suffered in the ghetto of Warsaw. Indeed we join with all people of moral conscious to hold Israel to good high standards.

Exactly!  Well said.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic