IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What was the point of Jesus?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


What was the point of Jesus?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
Lachi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was the point of Jesus?
    Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:45pm
Why did Allah send the Gospel of Jesus? Why not just send the Quran and have done with it? What was the point of sending Jesus and his message?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 2255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:32pm
Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Back to Top
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 02 March 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 

Greetings islamispeace,

In what ways do you believe Yshwe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?
What is it that He taught them?  In what way was He meant to lead them?
In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?
Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart


Edited by Caringheart - 20 August 2014 at 5:26pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Back to Top
Lachi View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 2:15pm
So why the sham crucifixion and the creation of the (presumably) false doctrines of Christianity?
Back to Top
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Lachi Lachi wrote:

So why the sham crucifixion and the creation of the (presumably) false doctrines of Christianity?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHF5evfPwmc

Here lies your answer.
Back to Top
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 498
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:




Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 
Greetings islamispeace,It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?What is it that He taught them?  In what way was He meant to lead them?In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?Shukran and salaam,Caringheart




Hi Caringheart,

It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?

I HAVE NOT COME BUT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF Israel.



What is it that He taught them?

I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfill the prophecy.What Law the law of Moses the 10 commandments.



In what way was He meant to lead them?

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a> me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them


In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

Exodus 32
The Golden Calf


Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?
Maybe but very few and far between.

Peace to you
Ismail.


Back to Top
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 02 March 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:


Hi Caringheart,

It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?

I HAVE NOT COME BUT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF Israel.

What is it that He taught them?

I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfill the prophecy.What Law the law of Moses the 10 commandments.

In what way was He meant to lead them?

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a> me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them


In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

Exodus 32
The Golden Calf

Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?
Maybe but very few and far between.

Peace to you
Ismail.

Greetings Ismail,

I am not sure you have answered my questions, but let's go with what you have shared.

Yshwe(Jesus) came to fulfill the prophecy.  Did the Jews see this?  The answer is Yes, some of them did.

By the time Yshwe came the Jews were long past worshiping idols.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Back to Top
Reepicheep View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 324
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2014 at 8:08pm
Caringheart wrote: In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

The point you raise has puzzled me for thirty years. Judaism and Islam are almost identical. The only significant difference I can think of is that Jews drink alcohol and Muslims don't.

The claim some Muslims make that Jews worship Ezra is, of course, bogus. Certainly, no modern day Jews worship Ezra. I kind of think of Muslims as being a sect of Judaism (or, alternatively, that Jews are a sect of Islam).
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.