IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from New Member  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from New Member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from New Member
    Posted: 20 February 2014 at 1:55pm
Hello everybody. I am Lachi, and am looking forward to learning more about Islam, and find some sources for learning Arabic.

I was brought up a Christian, but have family and friends from a wide range of religious backgrounds. I struggle to understand or accept everything recorded in the Scriptures, or reconcile the various religious beliefs I am aware of.

Seeking clarification, but I have a skeptical mind.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:46pm
Welcome to the forum!
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Lachi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:52pm
Thank you
samar.pak View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samar.pak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 10:52pm
may peace be upon u brother. Every one at some point of life starts a quest to find the truth which can give meaning to life. Every one makes this quest no matter which faith one belongs to.As these days you are trying to understand islam ,so first thing i'll recommend you is that read the Holy Quran just as you read any other books. Quran's english translation is easily available on internet you can download it from torrent as well. secondly go to youtube and check out Zakir naik's lectures, those lectures will help u a lot. if you want to ask me anything please do send me an email. And remember do not try to judge a faith(religion) by its followers but instead study that faith and to some research on that to judge that faith. i hope this will help u.
sorry fo linguistic mistakes my english no quit good.
may peace be upon u.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic