IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What should I do????  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~Taryn~* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do????
    Posted: 30 October 2005 at 11:59am

Salaam Sisters,

See I told u I would need your help sometime!

So here is the story! The man I am about to marry is acting weird towards me.  We use to see each other all the time, talk all the time, do anything just so the other one knows that that person is there and they still love them.  It's been a month since I've truly been happy with him.. I feel like I'm losing him.  When I talk to him, he gets mad when I tell him how I feel and says that I'm acting up.  He tells me that nothing is wrong.  At one point he did admit that he wasn't really treating me like he use to and told me that he was willing to spend more time with me and everything.  Now, he hasn't changed a thing and I haven't seen him for weeks.  Am I just acting up???  Is there something else I need to know?  Is someone out there willing to help me with any of this???  To guide me???

Thanks all!  See and I knew I would need u guys again

Taryn

222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 2:12pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Taryn,

All I can say is that if you feel like things are weird...they probably are- a womans intuition!  Trust your feelings and try work things out with him- try to find out what the underlying problem is.  Can you involve a member of the community like the local imam for advice?  My husband and I have been through tough times and did that once- it helped.

Edited by 222dnallohc
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 5:49pm
Dear *~Taryn~*,
he can have some problem (
financially,family,work etc.) and that's why he is acting differently.

Men don't like to talk about their problems, instead if this, they prefer to change their communication style with the others. (I studied mass&personal communication science, believe me :))

Don't pressure him, leave him alone for a while. Then, you can ask him as; how is going on at work, how are his parents. etc.

Never ask him as; do you have any problem with me?! What's the problem? Am i doing something wrong? What's your problem etc..

I hope he's just tired of work or something like this.. Don't worry..

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 3:50am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Maybe he's just busy with Ramadan? He might feel that if you are not yet married it is better if you don't see each other as much while fasting. It may seem strange, but perhaps being around you makes it hard for him to remain in a spiritual frame of mind.

I guess you'll know if this could be the issue in a few days...

Salaams.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic