IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran Verse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuran Verse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quran Verse
    Posted: 17 February 2014 at 6:53pm
What is the meaning of verse 2.115

2:115. கிழக்கும், மேற்கும் அல்லாஹ்வுக்கே (சொந்தம்); நீங்கள் எந்தப் பக்கம் திரும்பினாலும் அங்கே அல்லாஹ்வின் முகம் இருக்கிறது. நிச்சயமாக அல்லாஹ் விசாலமானவன்; எல்லாம் அறிந்தவன்.

And to Allah belongs the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of Allah . Indeed, Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:31pm
You can read Ibn Kathir's commentary on this verse:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=321

Basically, the verse is stating that whichever direction you face to pray, Allah is present.  This verse was revealed in response to some of the Jews of Madinah who were disturbed that the Muslims had stopped praying in the direction of Jerusalem and instead had turned towards Mecca. 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by jgnana jgnana wrote:

What is the meaning of verse 2.115

2:115. கிழக்கும், மேற்கும் அல்லாஹ்வுக்கே (சொந்தம்); நீங்கள் எந்தப் பக்கம் திரும்பினாலும் அங்கே அல்லாஹ்வின் முகம் இருக்கிறது. நிச்சயமாக அல்லாஹ் விசாலமானவன்; எல்லாம் அறிந்தவன்.

And to Allah belongs the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of Allah . Indeed, Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

The Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 115 - 123 , Revealed In The Year 624 - 626 , Al Baqarah ( The Heifer ) , These verses are speaking of , And I Quote ; Everything In The Earth And The Skies Belongs To Allah .
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

jgnana View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 5:00pm
sir, what is Face of allah? allah has no form, then what is face? how many commentaries do you have? what is the exact translation?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:13pm

sir, what is Face of allah? allah has no form, then what is face? how many commentaries do you have? what is the exact translation?

We believe that on the Day of Judgment, we will see Allah's Face.  It is stated in the authentic hadiths:

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" He replied, "Do you have any doubt in seeing the full moon on a clear (not cloudy) night?" They replied, "No, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "Do you have any doubt in seeing the sun when there are no clouds?" They replied in the negative. He said, "You will see Allah (your Lord) in the same way." (Sahih Bukhair, Book 12, #770)

What do you mean by "how many commentaries" I have?  There are many commentaries, written by both classical and contemporary scholars.  Ibn Kathir's commentary is one of the most famous and well-known.

The translation is correct.  The term "wajhul-lahi" means "Face of Allah" or "Allah's Face".  Some translations have translated this term as "Presence of Allah" but the literal meaning is "Face of Allah".
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

jgnana View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:46pm
as per islam god has no form correct? this is the first time i am hearing that Allah has face. Does this statement be accepted all divisions of islam?

Mohammed had received Quran from Allah, through Gabriel. Is this correct? When, where and how Gabriel received Quran?

What is the position of Gabriel and why we are not like him/her now?

Edited by jgnana - 21 February 2014 at 7:13pm
jgnana View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 7:16pm
Why more than one commentary upon God's information? who gave certificate that this commentary is authentic? then i would like to know more about the philosophical difference between that
syed_z View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 3:32am

as per islam god has no form correct? this is the first time i am hearing that Allah has face. Does this statement be accepted all divisions of islam?

Mohammed had received Quran from Allah, through Gabriel. Is this correct? When, where and how Gabriel received Quran?

What is the position of Gabriel and why we are not like him/her now?

Consider this Verse of the Quran

Surah Al Rahman Verses 26-27
Everyone upon the earth will perish
And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.

Face of your Lord

Face which in Arabic means Wajh does not only mean the front part of an individual's head. It also means an individual's whole being, Wajh represents one's complete individuality. So basically 'Face of your Lord' would mean Allah (swt) Himself, His Majestic Self.

Edited by syed_z - 22 February 2014 at 3:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic