IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marriage valid if man lies about name?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marriage valid if man lies about name?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
muslima30 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslima30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marriage valid if man lies about name?
    Posted: 01 February 2014 at 6:42am
i'd like to know if a nikah is valid after these 3 issues:

1. the man lies about his name to the girl before the nikah and at the time of doing it. She believes his real name to be A while it is actually Z.
2. right after the marriage, the girl stays back at her parents house and the man leaves for another country and she never hears from him and they have no physical or verbal contact for more than 3 yrs i.e. right after the performance of the nikah.
3.the man lies about the fact that he is married and poses himself as single in the nikah papers.
4. She does not even know the address to his house so she can send him a court notice

Is the nikah valid even after these issues and the girl cant remarry? Does this require a proper divorce?

I'd really be grateful if someone can talk to an imam and tell me what needs to be done about this...

jazak Allah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic