IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Travels/Hajj/Umrah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Umrah Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umrah Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViewPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umrah Questions
    Posted: 15 January 2014 at 12:18pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I am going for Umrah from Toronto Canada in 2 weeks inshallah. Since this will be my first Umrah and my first visits to Saudi Arabia I have following questions:

I will reach Jeddah around 7:00 PM and then I am planning to go to Mekkah and I have not booked any hotel. I am planning to book it there myself. Any recommendations on how to get to Mekkah and book affordable hotels (which one?)   

If I want to perform  2nd Umrah and I am staying in Makah then what place is miqat for my 2nd Umrah

If I am stying in Medina and I want to perform 3rd  Umrah then what place is miqat for my 3rd  Umrah

Do I have to perfume  Tawaf Al-Ifadah

Edited by ViewPoint - 15 January 2014 at 4:43pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 8:53am
Wa alaikum salaam,

Wow, wish I could join you. Allah bless you with a safe and fulfilling trip. You can take a taxi from Jeddah airport into Mecca. The scholars differ on making multiple Umrahs in the same trip, however it's permissible. The closest miqat (ask at the hotel or taxi drivers) is about 30 miles southeast of Mecca (Pilgrims from Yemen area). You can enter into ihram from Medina for Umrah. Tawaf ifadah is for hajj. And Allah Knows Best.
ViewPoint View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViewPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2014 at 2:13pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Thank you very much for your reply. May ALLAH could take you there as well.

How much fare is reasonable by taxi?

ALLAH HAFIZ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic