IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - More evangelicals opposing abuses of Palestinians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More evangelicals opposing abuses of Palestinians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More evangelicals opposing abuses of Palestinians
    Posted: 15 January 2014 at 5:03am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/new-evangelical-movement-seeks-split-from-pro-israel-line

This is an interesting and very encouraging article. These brothers and sisters in Christ are not antisemitic or anti-Israel. They do not want to see Israel destroyed or justify attacks on Jews or Israelis.

However, they are beginning to wake up to the fact that God loves the Palestinian people no less than He loves the Jewish people, and that abuses they are subjected to by the Israeli government and military and settlers are wrong.

As an evangelical Christian, I have always supported the peaceful struggle to end the occupation of the Palestinian people. I do not oppose Israel's existence, and would never want Israelis to be militarily occupied by Palestinians or ethnically displaced or killed. However, it hurts me to see that many evangelicals don't mind it when Israelis do these things to Palestinians. I know there are and always have been evangelicals who like me want to see true justice and peace in Israel and Palestine, but I am thankful to God that this movement is growing.

Praise the Lord!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic