IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ariel Sharon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ariel Sharon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ariel Sharon
    Posted: 11 January 2014 at 10:39am
To Palestinians Sharon was not a hero, but a brutal operator who sought for years to destroy Palestinian Liberation Organization founder Yasser Arafat and eventually succeeded, said Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the PLO's executive committee. Arafat died in 2004. The cause of death is disputed. His wife claims he was poisoned with radioactive polonium by Israel.

"To us he represents violence, militarism, preemptive moves, undermining the political process -- and a long history of pain," Ashrawi said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/11/world/meast/ariel-sharon-life-and-times/

Edited by abuayisha - 11 January 2014 at 10:42am
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

To Palestinians Sharon was not a hero, but a brutal operator who sought for years to destroy Palestinian Liberation Organization founder Yasser Arafat and eventually succeeded, said Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the PLO's executive committee. Arafat died in 2004. The cause of death is disputed. His wife claims he was poisoned with radioactive polonium by Israel.

"To us he represents violence, militarism, preemptive moves, undermining the political process -- and a long history of pain," Ashrawi said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/11/world/meast/ariel-sharon-life-and-times/

He would only be considered a hero by people who value war crimes, house demolitions, and mass murder. Shame on our Canadian leaders who lauded him as "staunch defender" and an "architect". The Americans weren't much better.

While I don't believe it is right to celebrate his- or anyone else's- death, he should not be lauded or praised.

I wasn't a fan of Arafat either, and both he and Ariel had a lot of blood of innocent people- Palestinians and Israelis- on their hands; though Sharon ran an occupation, not Arafat.

Hopefully both of them repented before they died, and will receive more mercy than they showed their victims in the afterlife.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 7:50pm
There is no problem with saying good things provided what is said is true and without exaggeration. Celebration, on the other hand, must be viewed in context in my estimation.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 8:22pm

There is no problem with saying good things provided what is said is true and without exaggeration. Celebration, on the other hand, must be viewed in context in my estimation.

I agree with you that it's OK to say good things, but context is necessary. Hitler did some good things too- like opposing smoking. That does not however make him a "hero". There were tens of millions of people he helped murder.

I don't think it's right to celebrate anyone's death, even if that person was a psychopathic killer like Sharon who causes suffering to you. I view celebrations of Sharon's death like celebrations of Bin Laden's death- understandable, but still wrong.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 9:13pm
Narrated Abu Qatada bin Rib'i Al-Ansari:

A funeral procession passed by Allah's Apostle who said, "Relieved or relieving?" The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is relieved and relieving?" He said, "A believer is relieved (by death) from the troubles and hardships of the world and leaves for the Mercy of Allah, while (the death of) a wicked person relieves the people, the land, the trees, (and) the animals from him."
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 10:24pm

Narrated Abu Qatada bin Rib'i Al-Ansari:

A funeral procession passed by Allah's Apostle who said, "Relieved or relieving?" The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is relieved and relieving?" He said, "A believer is relieved (by death) from the troubles and hardships of the world and leaves for the Mercy of Allah, while (the death of) a wicked person relieves the people, the land, the trees, (and) the animals from him."

I don't disagree. I still don't think we have excuse to celebrate someone's death.

Remember Americans dancing in the street when Bin Laden and Saddam's sons were killed? Is it any less primitive and disgusting when others do it?
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I don't disagree. I still don't think we have excuse to celebrate someone's death.

Remember Americans dancing in the street when Bin Laden and Saddam's sons were killed? Is it any less primitive and disgusting when others do it?

Thumbs%20Up
I too, felt no reason to celebrate even when bin Laden, who was held responsible for the killing of so many innocents, was killed.
Killing is never a thing to celebrate.
A soul going to hell, is never a thing to celebrate.
God rejoices when souls are saved.

just as a side note:  I don't remember reports of americans dancing in the streets over the two killings you mention.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 5:45am
I also don't think we have excuse to celebrate someone's death. Ariel Sharon did nothing that would lead to peace between Israelis and the Palestinians. Like the Hamas leaders he was a democratically elected hate monger.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic