IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Happy New Year  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy New Year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 7:11am
Sign*Reader! alhamdulillah ala-salama.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I wonder what were you doing while the world's biggest new year celebration fire work was being shot over Dubai? Look at the pictures and figure how many million Dirhams went up in smoke?https://www.google.com/search?q=new+year+eve+dubai+fireworks&client=firefox-a&hs=lsz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BvzxUoD0MY_aoATmoIHwDA&ved=0CIkBELAE&biw=1440&bih=814

I think I was fast asleep in order to wake up on time for Fajr.

If you could read the signs then you would know that Dubai and the UAE as a whole are trying to woo foreign tourists with the gimmicks you've mentioned. This is of course very sad when it is Muslims or pretend Muslims who are doing this. You can't call the UAE an Islamic country because it has secular laws and only use Sharia law for family matters. Of course, there are no "Muslim country" anywhere in the world because no country in the world uses Sharia law.

Another thing that saddens me about the UAE is that the majority of residents here Muslims but you would only see 2 or 3 lines of people in the masjid at any given time. But hey, who am I to judge?

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Could you elaborate this reference of Mathias Braun with Matt Browne?

Yes, he is from Germany and there he will be known as Matthias Braun, he said that he uses Matt Brown as this is an English only forum.

Anyway, who the hell are you?
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 11:52am
"How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:4-5
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Abu Loren, you are an intolerant Islamist and a danger to world peace. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.

You are an ***** Matthias Braun. That is from a scholar and not my opinion.

If you can't understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas then God help you.

I can totally understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas. I cannot understand why Christians mock the Prophet Muhammad or Islam's holy festivals. I cannot understand why Muslims mock Christianity's holy festivals. Both attitudes endanger world peace. Picking out bad examples from each other's communities achieves nothing.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic