IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Happy New Year  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy New Year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 10:45pm
Thanks every one... :)
NABA... I think you have got your answer and I need not to explain anything.
But I just want to say...
Getting knowledge is good, but half knowledge may be more dangerous..
if you have studied anything and you don't have full knowledge sometime it reflect you two meanings...
I'm not saying this for any kind of religious view, its just general words that I had heard from my elders..

Edited by herber345 - 01 January 2014 at 10:46pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 11:00pm
What is wrong what is right we r not entitled to say that, as far as one is sticked to Quran they are always right bcoz its the word of Allah, u hear from elders, I hear this from imam in masjid after isha salaah on 30.12.13 not to say happy year.do u think he is wrong???? Ur views are welcomed.

Edited by NABA - 01 January 2014 at 11:16pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 4:42am

It is not permissible to congratulate the kuffaar on their festivals in any way whatsoever

What is the ruling on eating the food (rice, meat, chicken or cake) that is given to us by a Christian friend that he made for his birthday or for Christmas or the Christian New Year? What is your opinion on congratulating him by saying, �Insha Allaah you will continue to do well this year� so as to avoid saying Kull �aam wa antum bi khayr (approx. �season�s greetings�) or �Happy New Year� etc?.

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to eat things that the Jews and Christians make on their festivals, or what they give him as a gift on their festivals, because that is cooperating with them and joining in with them in this evil, as is explained in question no. 12666.

It is not permissible for him to congratulate them on their festivals in any way whatsoever, because that implies approval of their festival and not denouncing them, and helping them to manifest their symbols and propagate their innovation, and sharing their happiness during their festivals, which are innovated festivals that are connected to false beliefs that are not approved of in Islam. See also question no. 47322.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/81977
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2014 at 7:10am
Abu Loren, you are an intolerant Islamist and a danger to world peace. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Abu Loren, you are an intolerant Islamist and a danger to world peace. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.

You are an ***** Matthias Braun. That is from a scholar and not my opinion.

If you can't understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas then God help you.
Sayyed Mohammad View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sayyed Mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 8:02pm
I just want to say one thing, our great leader, imam Khomeini who was leader of the Shia, exiled to France for a few months and on Christmas night he ordered to their followers to buy flower and confectionary so as to spread among Christians because he believed that is birthday of the great prophet who he will come back whit our savior(Imams Mahdi) and my belief is like that
Sayyed Mohammad View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sayyed Mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 8:22pm
One thing else as Imam Ali says and implies all of the prophets are brothers hence their birthdays are important days and holy days I believe in.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

You are an ***** Matthias Braun. That is from a scholar and not my opinion.

If you can't understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas then God help you.

I wonder what were you doing while the world's biggest new year celebration fire work was being shot over Dubai? Look at the pictures and figure how many million Dirhams went up in smoke?
https://www.google.com/search?q=new+year+eve+dubai+fireworks&client=firefox-a&hs=lsz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BvzxUoD0MY_aoATmoIHwDA&ved=0CIkBELAE&biw=1440&bih=814

Could you elaborate this reference of Mathias Braun with Matt Browne?

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic