IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dawah Tactics 101  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dawah Tactics 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

My dear Rudy, Hi!

Your unfunny joke made me cry,

Couldnt grasp it, SIGH!

Anyway, Goodbye.

(Order the full poem, $3.00 only at [email protected])

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 5:59pm
Dear, u should do business side-by-side....Howr u supposed to survive?
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 6:52pm

Dear All,

Thanks for your answer. So it's a yes? If someone stops to believe and refuse to repent, then he/she should be killed, even if he/she doesn't do anything wrong?

But why? Isn't Islam not a compulsory, and even in Quran it's said that "To you your religion and me mine,"

Why we should kill someone that stops believing? It stops his/her chance getting hidayah in the future and really unfair and unjust for him/her.

Fox

P.S. Dear Shamil, you mentioned that it happened to prevent treason, so do you suggest that it only is applied then and not now?

Edited by DeExupery
Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)
Shamil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 8:48am
Originally posted by DeExupery DeExupery wrote:

Dear All,

Thanks for your answer. So it's a yes? If someone stops to believe and refuse to repent, then he/she should be killed, even if he/she doesn't do anything wrong?

But why? Isn't Islam not a compulsory, and even in Quran it's said that "To you your religion and me mine,"

Why we should kill someone that stops believing? It stops his/her chance getting hidayah in the future and really unfair and unjust for him/her.

Fox

P.S. Dear Shamil, you mentioned that it happened to prevent treason, so do you suggest that it only is applied then and not now?

I know of no instance where it has been applied outside Taliban controlled Afghanistan, and the Taliban is a disgrace to Islam. They follow the teachings of a heretic who created his own version of Islam in the 19th century. Perhaps it has been applied in Saudi Arabia, but they also follow a heretical version of Islam (Wahhabism) and, furthermore, use Wahhabism as a form of totalitarian control. They distort the principles of Islam to maintain power.

Your comment "Why we should kill someone that stops believing?" ignores my entire post. The law was applied to people who LIED in the first place about their belief in order either to spy or to save their lives in battle. No Muslim I know of believes a person should be killed for leaving Islam. I know of one fellow who left Islam and regularly visits his old mosque to see his friends. As I said, it was a law with a political, not religious, significance. It is anachronistic and the only people who discuss it seriously are non-Muslims, particularly Islamophobes who want to denigrate Islam.

I'm not implying you are an Islamophobe, by the way. Your question is legitimate and deserves clarification. But I think to understand the spirit of Islam your question should have been phrased: "Who believes that apostates should be killed?" Then you would see the living spirit of Islam, rather than learn the genesis of an outdated law.

Edited by Shamil
DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 8:43pm

Dear Shamil,

I know of no instance where it has been applied outside Taliban controlled Afghanistan, and the Taliban is a disgrace to Islam. They follow the teachings of a heretic who created his own version of Islam in the 19th century. Perhaps it has been applied in Saudi Arabia, but they also follow a heretical version of Islam (Wahhabism) and, furthermore, use Wahhabism as a form of totalitarian control. They distort the principles of Islam to maintain power.

The application of Sharia Law which was many moslems try to apply everywhere they are (Canada, Australia, Eropa) means that they want to live like that. In Sharia Law, apostates should be killed, or am I mistaken?

Your comment "Why we should kill someone that stops believing?" ignores my entire post. The law was applied to people who LIED in the first place about their belief in order either to spy or to save their lives in battle. No Muslim I know of believes a person should be killed for leaving Islam. I know of one fellow who left Islam and regularly visits his old mosque to see his friends. As I said, it was a law with a political, not religious, significance. It is anachronistic and the only people who discuss it seriously are non-Muslims, particularly Islamophobes who want to denigrate Islam.

Shamil, do you think anyone in Pakistan or Saudi can walk safely when they denounce Islam publicly?

I'm not implying you are an Islamophobe, by the way. Your question is legitimate and deserves clarification. But I think to understand the spirit of Islam your question should have been phrased: "Who believes that apostates should be killed?" Then you would see the living spirit of Islam, rather than learn the genesis of an outdated law.

I told you, I've got that impression after discussing with a brother Moslem in other forum. And he even doesn't live in Islamic Country.

Fox

Kirana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2005 at 8:35pm

hello. i'm not, of course, an expert. and in my country the prevalent view among the 'devout' is that the punishment for apostates is death. but critically, they cannot say why exactly. since this question disturbs me (i'm muslim, btw) i did do some searching, and while i do not know that i ought to make conclusions, i have found out some things. that the death punishment for apostasy is nowhere mentioned in the Quran. that, like shamil explains, it was originally for when apostates were treasonous to their state. which makes me question whether the death punishment is really for the apostasy, or actually for the treason?

in any legal ruling, i believe, the reason for the ruling is highly important, because failure to understand the reasons for a legal ruling means you cannot later put the legal precedent within context. i personally do not see why an apostate should be killed, or harrassed beyond maybe an attempt to re-convert him (to make sure that he/she really knows what he/she is turning away from), if the apostate remains a law-abiding member of society, and does not then set up a career maligning his/her former religion and/or the state religion. otherwise it seems to me to be inconsistent with islam's tenet of voluntary faith. after all, someone could be an apostate through a lack of understanding about the religion, or something that happened to close his heart to it. someday, Allah may open his heart to islam again. if he's dead, he won't have that chance, now, would he?

DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 1:33am

Dear Kirana,

in any legal ruling, i believe, the reason for the ruling is highly important, because failure to understand the reasons for a legal ruling means you cannot later put the legal precedent within context. i personally do not see why an apostate should be killed, or harrassed beyond maybe an attempt to re-convert him (to make sure that he/she really knows what he/she is turning away from), if the apostate remains a law-abiding member of society, and does not then set up a career maligning his/her former religion and/or the state religion. otherwise it seems to me to be inconsistent with islam's tenet of voluntary faith. after all, someone could be an apostate through a lack of understanding about the religion, or something that happened to close his heart to it. someday, Allah may open his heart to islam again. if he's dead, he won't have that chance, now, would he?

that's what I think. But is it true, in Islamic Country, There's no separation between religion and government. So leaving a religion means treason, even if the person is a loyal citizen.

Why is that?

Fox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic