IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An unsual question about Zakat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An unsual question about Zakat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
borong View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An unsual question about Zakat
    Posted: 01 February 2014 at 8:20pm
Zakat improve your purity in your life and wealth too.
shaikhMahmood View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaikhMahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 9:20am
Sister, this is a serious debt, I do not want to say theft. If this individual is deserving of zakat, that he has no income, or earnings and no ownings, then you can consider this to be zakat to the amount of zakat owed by you. If this individual is not deserving of zakat in that they have earnings, income or ownings to sufice them and you know of this fact you cannot consider this money zakat as the individual is not deserving of this zakat and does not meet the requirements. This is a debt, you must ask to be repayed, if there is a refusal of paying then you may forgive them or not.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 9:42pm
Zakat is only taken on our immediate savings.  But to be sure, I would ask a scholar.  You can post your question at the following website:

www.askthescholar.com

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

NahedCains View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NahedCains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 1:22pm
A family member, that I am not financially responsible for, took an amount of money from me, to pay for certain expenses. The expenses did not exceed the whole amount. This family member considered himself to have performed a service for me by paying these expenses and claimed the rest of the money (quite a large sum, more than that of the expenses) as his for services rendered. He was asked to return the remaining money and has refused citing financial difficulties. Can I deduct the remaining money he kept, from my zakat?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic