IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help....Need Advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help....Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help....Need Advice
    Posted: 21 December 2013 at 3:28pm
true brother Abuayisha, "To God we belong, to God we must return".
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 3:26pm
Salam,
reason with him why he went that route. Has he been a Muslim by knowledge and practice, or just because was born to Muslim parents? It is important to know because if he has been a Muslim without practice and little knowledge then it is hard to reason with him. Pray to Allah to guide him.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

muslimah31 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:34pm
I personally haven't spoken with him at all. My mother has told him how upset, disappointed and heartbroken I am. I just can't speak with him yet. It is indeed a test for all of us and In sha Allah we will get through this. Thank you very much for the advice.
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:26pm
Thank you very much for your advice and input. In sha Allah when I am ready to speak with him I will definitely use the Quran as a resource.
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:23pm
Greetings Caringheart,

I do believe in Prophet Isa (pbuh)and what he taught, which is Islam. Prophet Isa is a Muslim. I believe in all the teachings of the Quran and it clearly states that Islam is the religion accepted by Allah (swt). That is why I am devastated caringheart. I do not live with my parents because I am married. My brother told my mother in private and my mother told me. It's a very sensitive situation and my mother knows how upset my father will be. My brother also stated to her he will tell my father when he is ready. Btw...I thought I was asking for the advice here, do you have any advice or input? Or just questions?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:25am
How have you personally handled the matter thus far with your brother? No doubt this is a big test for your family, but more importantly, your brother. Assuming that he is also in the United States I think a united front of love and acceptance is the best course of action. People are not influenced by mere words, but actions and by example. Keep in mind that it is Allah, Most High, who guides or allows one to stray through their own actions. Pray for him in the early hours, and keep good relations. Insha'Allah prior to his death he will return to the path of our faith. Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun!
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 10:36pm
I think only one option that can solve this problem is Quran, show Quran to ur brother, that how he was lucky to b born in muslim family, show him that Allah says in ch 3 v 19 only islam is acceptable to Allah, show him that what path he has chosen will lead to hell bcoz Allah says in ch 4 v 48 n v116-that Allah if wants can forgive any sin but not shirk, show him for just a girl he is leaving Allah is wrong bcoz Allah says in ch 6 v 32-this life is nothing but amusement and play, revive fear of Allah in him bcoz fear ofAllah helps one to distinguish between good n bad (ch 8 v 29).
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by muslimah31 muslimah31 wrote:

My mother and I recently found out my brother converted to Christianity(from Islam) and we are completely devastated. Only me and her know so far in the family. I haven't spoke with him since I found out which is about 2 weeks. He is married to a Christian and I truly believe in my heart he was brainwashed by her and her family but I know he is still wrong and just as much to blame. My question is should I tell my father and how should we handle this? Should we talk to him, disown him. I just keep praying that Allah swt will guide him back to the right path. All advice is appreciated.

Greetings muslimah,
A few questions...
What is so terrible about being a 'Christian' if you believe in Isa and what He taught... that you should 'be devasted'?
Does your father not live with you?  How is it that he does not know just as you and your mother know?  If he lives with you then he is sure to find out, correct?
But I believe it should be up to your mother to discuss it with him... not for his daughter to tell him... but again, that is if you are an intact family.  If your father does not live with you then I don't imagine your mother would be having many discussions with him, whereas, you might.
Anyway, those two questions came to mind.

Salaam and blessings to you, and may you find peace in your heart,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic