IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can I marry again? (please read full post first)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I marry again? (please read full post first)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I marry again? (please read full post first)
    Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:24pm
Who married you? Have that same Imam contact your husband informing him of your desire to be released from the marriage. He will only need to say words to the affect that he agrees (she is released), and you will return any marital dowry received from him, wait one monthly cycle and at that time you will be able to re-marry. This is known as a khul'a or your right to end the marriage based upon, in your case, lack of support and abandonment. And Allah Knows Best
herber345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 11:21pm
I can't say anything according to Islam point of view, but you are living in Uk so first ask to your family they will guide you.
as per UK law, you can give divorce to your husband and be able to get married again. but as per my knowledge I didn't find anything in Islam that they allow you for second marriage...  but some Islamic laws gives you permission to get married again, if your husband give you divorce.
It is different from area's and countries. Ask to anyone form your area, they will give you better suggestion.
InshAllahOneDay View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InshAllahOneDay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 7:42am
BISMILLAH IR-RAHMAN IR-RAHIM

Salaam,
I am a young sister from the UK who has not been married for very long, This is a very brief description of what has happened and any views would be appreciated as I live away from home with my husband and do not have anyone to talk to. Please read the full post and reply, thank you.

Me and my husband have had some financial difficulties and he was not able to sort them, we are in a lot of debt and it has affected him greatly that he has not been able to look after us, his family. He went away to a different city to work to try and gain money leaving me here at home. He returned once and we were both very stressed and had a major argument. He left again this time taking all his things (clothes etc.) with him, and only contacted me the day after and told me that even after working all that time he spent the money elsewhere and we were still broke.
When I tried to speak to him after that he told me he is done with everything because he has never been this low in life and wants to run away. I have not paid my rent for the past month and am going to get chucked out soon. He does not even pick up my calls or answer to any texts or anything at all anymore. So I don't want you to say, wait and see what will happen and that he might come back because I know he won't and I know that my marriage is over.

Instead I would like you to tell me if in the future I would be able to marry again.
I have been doing an awful lot of praying and dhikr as one should in such times and I feel the conclusion I have come to is that I need to move on with my life. I can't sit here and wait for something that will never happen because I am nearly homeless.
Obviously I'm not just going to jump straight into another marriage, but i just want to know if I would be able to get married again because I am only married in Islamic law, not UK law, but if we don't have an Islamic divorce does this mean i will never be able to marry again..? surely not?

Any help would be appreciated
From a struggling sister JazakAllah

Edited by InshAllahOneDay - 01 December 2013 at 8:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic