IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blood in....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blood in....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blood in....
    Posted: 02 November 2005 at 5:51am

Bismillah,

It's okay!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 5:08pm

my misunderstanding, sorry.

I missed the joke.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 6:23am

Bismillah,

My good neighbor and friend is German and she told me they like to eat sausages filled with blood called blood sausages.  Why should I disbelieve her?

The point, therefore, that I am making to the dear sister asking the question, is not to worry.  If you try to get the blood out and don't eat or drink it intentionally, there is no harm. (See Islamicity's section quoting Quraan and Hadith on the subject.)

I just saw it in movies for years that Vampires drink blood for sustenance.  Funny joke, huh?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Sisters, people eat blood sausages and the like in Germany and other places. This is what we are not to do.  We are not to eat or drink blood like vampires,

Do you believe vampires are true ?? how absurd that sounds.

Your statement is absurd, Herjihad. Eating blood sausages which are called black pudding in Ireland, Has nothing to do with vampires eating habits, where on earth did you get that from ?? Do you know anything about blood sausages/black puddings ? It's actually cooked not raw!

Quote but it is okay to have the blood that goes along with the meat as long as we drain it, and aren't trying to drink it.

Who said anything about drinking ??

herjihad, for an intelligent person you sound naive here  no offence meant.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 3:54am

Bismillah,

If you go to Islamicity's main page and then the cooking page, it explains very well about blood.

Sisters, people eat blood sausages and the like in Germany and other places.  This is what we are not to do.  We are not to eat or drink blood like vampires, but it is okay to have the blood that goes along with the meat as long as we drain it, and aren't trying to drink it.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 8:35pm

Blood is meant to come out while cooking it, its basically draining the meat, to get pass this, keep cooking and it will go away, the longer you cook it the more drained the blood is. But you'll end up making the meat dry, although boiling should keep its moisture.

And besides the blood is where the iron is that you need  its not exactly in the muscle/flesh you eat, so if you drain all or keep cooking the meat right thru until it is dry and no signs of blood, you don't get the iron and all the nutrients.

This is called: very well done, in resturant terms

As for chicken it is wise to cook right thru until all the blood has cooked away, although it too will become dry but do what KFC does, steam it or boil it first to retrain the moisture.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 7:29am

Alhamdulila at least you like cooking.   Don't worry I know a lot of sisters that got better at cooking certain dishes with time.   You'll have magic hands soon in sha allah

Yea, I think I'll take your advice and marry a vegetarian  or marry a man that likes to cook

Salaam

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 6:14pm
Abeer23, actually i like cooking and eating meat :D

I like cooking but i am not good at it.

Some people have very special gift about cooking. They can just touch the food and the food gets the taste..

I think i have to add more ikhlas to my food :)

Abeer, if you are not married, find a husband who doesn't like meat :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic